Strike! 4e Evolved and Improved

Jimbozig

First Post
Hi all, I've had an account here for a while and I've read these forums on-and-off for a while, but I've never posted. I'm breaking my silence to tell you about my game that's Kickstarting now!

9ZqzSTdl.jpg

The game was born out of my love/hate relationship with D&D4e. I got into RPGs with that edition (although I had played a bit of 1e when I was little). I loved the tactical combat, but hated how long it took. I loved the roleplaying, but hated how the math for skills felt like a treadmill. I set out to make the game I wanted by keeping the parts of 4e that I loved while replacing the parts I hated. You can find more details on the Kickstarter page (just go to Kickstarter and search for Strike!), or on strikerpg.com. There's a full rules preview available to anyone who backs the Kickstarter, and there's an older partial preview on my website, so you can try before you buy.

Some people (you might guess where) told me not to bother coming here, and that I'd likely find a hostile reception, but the way I look at it, I've got really nothing to lose, and I can happily ignore any negativity. On the other hand, I'm hoping that at least some of you will like what you see. I expect you'll prove your doubters wrong, and I bet you're more open than they give you credit for.

There are still a few days left on the Kickstarter, so if you are interested, pledge now and be sure to spread the word!

n00bdragon

First Post
I saw the rules PDF a while back. It looks pretty good. Some people here really love 4e so it's great to see the retroclone movement taking to it. Cheers.

keterys

First Post
I appreciate the level of work you put into this and look forward to seeing the final result.

I feel like it's fairly different from 4E, but considering I was precisely looking for a super fast simplified game with the feel of 4E, you may be exactly what I was looking for. So, we'll give it a shot at least :)

I, too, appreciate the work that has gone into this. Unfortunately, the changes from 4E are all in the opposite direction from what I would like out of a game, so I will not be backing the project.

Jimbozig

First Post
I appreciate the level of work you put into this and look forward to seeing the final result.

I feel like it's fairly different from 4E, but considering I was precisely looking for a super fast simplified game with the feel of 4E, you may be exactly what I was looking for. So, we'll give it a shot at least :)

Thanks! I hope you have a great time, and I'd love to hear how it goes when you run it.

The Kickstarter is going strong with less than 48 hours to go. Looks like we'll probably hit the $8000 stretch goal for more class features, but we still need more backers to get there!

Remove ads