Strikeforce: Morituri Part One "the Mortals" Is Completed

STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI
SEGMENT 101
“As Bad As It Could Ever Be ”

“Captain- your armor-“

“It can wait Christina. If we don’t find that last artifact the entire Multiverse is at stake.”

“Allow me then….” Jean walks over to the topless Captain. She dances her fingers briefly in the air and then gently touches him. His upper body glows.

The Captain can not help but to feel sorrow for her. Her touch was stiff and without warmth. The state of her decay has grown worse. “Alright then. It’s under ground so we need to go. We can not be hindered any further by the existing conflict here between the two armies.”

They pick up their equipment and begin to go when shouts fill the air. Turning to face the new issue, The Captain is not impressed. He and the others follow the stares and pointing fingers to the very sky. A large shape is there. Dark and impossibly close. What at first looked like stars has grown larger and animate.

“May god overlook us…” mutters the Captain as he watches.

“It can not be! The very sky falls!” exclaims Vander.

Jean stares and says little.

Christina looks up. “It is his work. His power grows. These are his minions. Haste!. We must hurry before they strike.”

The sky is full of raining fiery meteorites that seem to come from no where. Before the group can reach the entrance again the first one strikes. Bright light pulses as the explosion occurs about 1500 feet away. Goblins and Hobgoblins can be heard screaming. The Captain waits at the door as the others enter the ruins. He looks and sees two more impacts. He grits his teeth and a tear rolls down his eye. It tears at his heart to abandon the people here. They are about to die for a reason that is not theirs. Whatever these things are, they are here because of their attempt to stop the Destroyer.

He gives the sign of the Christian cross on his chest before closing the heavy stone door. Even closed, he can hear the screams …or so he believes.

SEGMENT 102
“ INFERNAL CONSTRUCTS”

The globe is extremely bright in the Gaunt Mans hands. The Infernals have been released to stop the would be heroes. These constructs are made from the burning hatred his master has for the many alternate worlds and creations Infiniti has allowed in his absence.

“Run Captain. Run for your very life. It matters little. Several of these world destroyers were instructed to seek you and your kind out. You can not hide from one that can see all worlds, all universes.”

The evil laughter continues as within the globe the first creatures arise.

A few minutes ago-

the following in goblinoid

“War master Grog. The humans have new champions. They have done the impossible. They have defeated the Burning Knight.”

The War Master turns and backhands the goblin with his armored fist. The goblin tries to crawl away but can not. The War Master places his heavy armored boot onto his back.

“Collect my generals. Bring them here. These champions will die as any champion ever has. Get Ten Bites first. She has a champion of her own. He can go in to soften up these humans.”

The goblin crawls away. His face a bloody pulp.

“Eh?”

The War Master looks to the sky. A swirling glow is forming. From this glow escapes several small balls of light. They streak down in a flaming wave and strike the ground between him and the ruins. He can hear screams of pain. “What magics are these?”

Back to the front-

“Ahhhhhhhh! The human lich now brings the stars onto us!” screams the goblin scouts.
Balls of burning stone fall and crash into the earth. Dozens of scouts are incinerated on impact. Slowly the impact crater shifts and takes shape. Fire burns through and up stands a Large blacken creature made of burning stone and adamantine. It climbs up and begins to burn its way through the thin forest igniting everything it touches.

Around it three four strike down causing new explosions and new sources of burning infernos. Soon the creatures and their fiery trails of death and destruction light up the sky.

[DM NOTE: These are Infernals from the Warcraft Monster Book page 124. I picked these to be the world destroyers since they are very dramatic in arrival and appearance. They are CR 14 which makes them tough but reasonable to have armies of. Evil DM.

SEGMENT 103
“HEXTOR’S REACTION!!!!!”

SEGMENT 103
“HEXTOR’S REACTION!!!!!”

The dark towering fortification overwhelmed the landscape it controlled. None dared to near it in fear of arousing the ire of those that dwelled within it. So then- why does this lone figure go there?

The figure looked up at the expanse. For an undead he did fear the owner of this structure. After all- he was a god. This is the home of HEXTOR!

The vampire changed shape and flew to the upper level. Red eyes looked from the darkness and watched the dire bat fly up. At the thirteenth level he reshaped into a human male and waited. There were no guards here.

Then the very stones shaped shape and grasped his legs. He turned into vapor and escaped it. A vicious wind blew in from no where and forced the vampire deeper into the fortress through an opening door made of iron and dark wood. “Enter” he heard in his undead mind.

He reformed and fell to the ground. His tattered cape formed a tight shroud around his body as the wind persisted. He strode further in by foot. He expected instant death at any moment but none came.

Finally he arrived at a large throne room. The throne was still 250 feet away. His undead eyes saw the form of an athletic and well-toned human in armor. The undead’s mind saw a six-armed gray skinned humanoid. Both were more real than the other was.

= What brings you to your certain destruction Count? =

“I bring word from your generals. There is a new force here. A force more powerful than you-“

“WHAT!?!” The six-armed humanoid suddenly appears before him. One arm hoists him up, the other five all wield different weapons of mass destruction.

“The… the tattooed man… he begins to reform…..”

“How can this be?!?!? I would know of it….”

“Yes- you would think so.” Hextor turns to see a figure now sitting on his throne.

“YOU!”

“Yes- I.” A tall gaunt and heavily tattooed man sits in his throne. A gentle light or better a glow falls on him. It gives him a menacing look.

“Begone Unknown God of Chaos. I reign here.”

“CHAOS!?! I did not create thousands of new universes! I did not ignore the Law of the first. Infiniti did! Infiniti!”

“Did I find a raw nerve?” Without looking, The Champion of Evil crushes the head of the vampire and ignites the remains into flames before turning to reclaim his throne.

“I bring law to the universe. There can not be a multiverse.”

“I do not mind it. It gives me power.” And the god of Acheron smiles and he begins to twirl and wave each of his six weapons to prove he has little fear of this “new” god.

“I came not to fight godling. I came here to fight.”

“Always the same. You bring words to a battle of arms…….”

The tattooed man stands up and his hands glow with the powers of a god.

“I offer a truce… not your life.”

“Speak before I kill you six times over.”

SEGMENT 104
“ And Kobold Saves the Multiverse”

Kikinn wasn’t a warrior. Even for a kobold he was weak and scared. But he was a salesman. A good one at that. He followed the warriors and picked up after them. He collected swords, shields and armor if he could carry them. Tonight’s search was unique.

He had not heard the combat but saw the flashes from the ledges nearby. It took him several minutes to arrive to the site. What he found where dozens of black robes with no bodies within them. However, their magical weapons were everywhere.

Kikinn had a special talent. He could smell and taste magic. His mind was overwhelmed by the smells of magic here. Magic from another world. He could buy another harem with the money collected from this site along! He hoped along to check it all out then froze.

There was someone here. Someone alive and groaning. He cautiously looked over a rock and saw the human. He was strangely dressed and glowed faintly. A sword stabbed from his back to his front. It was a fatal blow but somehow the human remained alive.

Slowly and with many periods of stopping to watch, Kikinn made his way to the human. He was in a great deal of pain. The human’s hands were grouping around and touching weapons. The weapons would glow then die down. The human then would glow then the glow would die out on him also.

Kikinn hoped over to him.

“Mayyyyy---kik.” Moaned the man.

“Kikinn.” He says pointing to himself.

The man rolls his head over to look at the kobold better. Kikinn hops back a few steps to remain out of arms reach.

“helllll….”

“Some say we live there.”

“…llllp me”

“Got money?”

“Paaaaants… “

“You have breeches yes. Strange design. Is that a cotton material?”

“Blass…..lil’ run…..t”

“No needs for name calling. You look more dead than alive. Maybe I’ll just sit here and watch you die for a bit.” And with that the kobold dusts off the rock, places some ninja suits on the rock and sits. He rests his serpentine head on his palms and watches the stranger die.

“Maaa- kik….”

“Hurmmm….oh yes. Many magic items here have magic.”

The figure fumbles over eloquent katanas and stars. He finds a ring and grasps it. The Kobold watches. He knows it has magic and will pick it from the body of this strange dead human soon enough.

The man glows then breaths better. He drops the ring.

“What did you do?1? You ate the magic!” in fear, anger and surprise the kobold hurries over to move the remaining magical items from the dying man. A look of clarity appears in the man’s eyes as he grabs the kobold. His hand pulls and tugs at the pack. In fear of his life, the kobold wriggles free of the pack and hops away.

The man sticks his hand into the pack; he grabs at the rings, daggers and other small magical items. He begins to glow and he gains the strength to topple over from his knees. With his other hand, he reaches back and begins to pull the sword back. The glow surrounding his body rises and falls as he touches Kikinn’s found magical items.

“MY GOODIES!”

He hops over to pull it free but instead is grabbed. “Thank …u”

“Thankme!?!? You just destroyed my entire stash!”

He rolls back to his knees. “I …don’t …feel…so …good.”

“If I had a sword in my back I would call it a bad day also! Now let me go!” and the kobold wiggles free as the man releases him. He crawls to another sword and absorbs the magic within it.

“I need…magic…..I need…to find….my friends….”

“Too bad!”

“I will not ask again…nicely”

Jim Addards aka Megamania slowly but oh so dramatically stands upright. The whole time he looks to the skies. It is raining shooting stars.

“I wish… I might… Wish on a star tonight….”

“Why do all of the undead become insane here?” bemoans Kikinn.

Won't be long now-

Unknown to the heroes, the last item has been found and the Tattooed man has been resuurected. His first order of bisiness- destory the heroes and if need be ALL of Acheron itself.

What if anything can Hextor do about it? Remains to be seen.

This Storyhour nears the end. I may do a STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI PART II But who knows.

Any input from readers?

SEGMENT 105
“ THE INFERNALS”

The very space that makes up the sky on the Plane of Acheron begins to ripple and twist. It begins with a spark then a cascade of sparks and then a flood of light. Plasma bursts through the planar rip and burning chunks of rock and metal tumble free. Before it has fallen more than 50 feet two more planar tears appear then six more. Soon the sky is torn open as pieces of planar meteorite begin to rain onto the surface of the one cube shaped piece of elemental mass that can be thought of as a planet.

The first piece seems to redirect its fall. Several other pieces do so also. They strike near the ruins where two large armies are beginning to battle. The impact is explosive and sends goblin scouts into the air set aflame by the planar energies released. The first chunk of planar rock begins to crumble and fall apart within its crater. Then it becomes apparent that it is not falling apart- it merely is moving. The smoke and dust in the air masks the form until in rolls over and begins to stand up right. An Erie orange glow begins to flare up. Smoke and the screen of super heated air continue to mask any details that were once visible.

One goblin, more courageous or stupid (take your pick) has walked near the blazing form looking to see what has happened. He is close enough to see runes carved into the metal and heated rock that make up this unique creature’s form. The goblin screams as the very air around him becomes super heated. His lungs burn and harden as he breathes in the fumes of the burning earth and flesh around him. He is nearly dead even before the creature lashes out at him. The goblin is crushed and ignites in with an infernal intensity that defies logic and nature.

Several more explosions occur within 100 feet of the first creature. It scans the darkness as it waits for its fellow INFERNALS to awaken and rise from their craters. Soon, several dozen of these creatures gather together and begin to walk to the ruins nearby. The ruins where the Champions of Infiniti are located.

They find the doorway used by the Captain to enter the mazelike cells below. The Captain has closed the heavy stone doors with Vander’s help. Two of these creatures team up and open the door. Smoking scorch marks remain on the door where they grasped it.

The creatures unnatural glow light up the darkness within the worked stone catacombs. They move with purpose and force.

The other HUNDREDS of creatures decimate the two armies above the ruins.

ELSEWHERE-

Elminister leaned on the rails of the artifact most know as the Crystal Shard. The powers of the artifact mixed with his fearsome magic made the capture of the Northern Hemisphere of Faerun easy enough. To continue to hold this control has not been as easy.

The rebels were gathering and becoming too strong to ignore. Their leader, a strong barbarian known as Wulfgar, began with the Forces of the Silver Marches. Another force, three women created by a mortal man that became a god , are forming a strong force to the south. Alias is the lead sister of the Starlight Wall.

A new and unexpected force has recently risen. These drow are led by a human of all beings. Entreri has pledged the destruction of the artifact after it burned his friend Drizzt. Though believed to be alive, the drow ranger has taken to exile in Chult.

Suddenly Eliminister snaps his head up. “Yes- I feel it also. There is something wrong here. Something unexpected.”

The sky opens up in a ball of fire. Fiery lines of energy begin to fall from it to the surface of Faerun. They watch as the pieces strike the world causing fires to erupt within Shadowdale’s large forests. “I am well aware this is not from Alias nor Entreri. By the dead body of Mystra- who dares?!?”

ELSEWHERE

The middle-age man sits at his computer. He is surrounded by examples of his hobbies and interests. Pop culture icons, toys and fantasy items to cling to the walls. He is typing on the keyboard trying to communicate with unseen friends on the internet at a site about his hobbies.

So engrossed in his activities he doesn’t see the sky rip open. Hundreds of burning rocks falls from the sky. He jumps in a start when the first one strikes the Green Mountains of Vermont. He watches in awe as the fires spread. Unknown to him, his alternate reality is about to become ashes and reabsorbed into the core universe.

SEGMENT 106
“When a God has a Bad Day…. ”

Hextor sat on his throne. And brooded.

The god of Tyranny and discord sat in utter disgust. He had heard of these two entities. He didn’t think they existed. Infiniti, the overall force of imagination and creation and being referred to as the Tattooed Man whom was the force of destruction that kept Infiniti in check.

Normally this being who was a god of gods whom be a welcomed change. However he is going too far. He is going to destroy everything and start from scratch. He would destroy entire worlds, universes and the gods that were worshipped within them. Even himself.

But how to stop him? He was a god but even gods have limits. Especially in the case of two competing gods.

Two COMPETING gods.

Hextor sits upright. His six arms flow and move to grasp the armrests and hold his chin in thought. Perhaps there was another way. Perhaps there was still hope. The Champions of Infiniti have failed but what of …

Hextor stands up and calls form his weapons and wills himself into another world. A world outside of time and reality. It was time to declare war on a supreme being……

ELSEWHERE

“For the Steel Nation!”

“STEEL NATION!” is screamed in unison by thousands of warforged warriors. This was it. The three remaining countries not overthrown by the Lord of Blades had joined to stop him. Little did they know that he had a secret weapon. He had the Creation Schema. Uttu was on his side. Warforged creatures unlike any seen before joined the fray. Thousands died within the first minute of the battle.

Then the sky tore open.

550,000 soldiers all stopped and looked to the sky.

They did not know it yet, but their world was about to be absorbed and exist no longer.

ELSEWHERE

Malachite stands over the bloodied body of the hobgoblin. Karthos, his weapon, still shines red from the blood spilt. Overhead he sees Mara on her flying warhorse. She is evading the crude spears being thrown at her and her rider- a monk.

Nolin calls out warnings of new weapons of war. The ghoulish forces are prepared and ready to fight off the living. Velendo moves ahead of him to confront the siege machine.

Suddenly an explosion occurs within the ghoul ranks. Then another and another. A malachite look up to see who is helping their cause then sees the rift. Entire sections of the castle are blown free and topple onto the undead as more balls of flame and stone fall from the rift.

Nolin is uncertain what to do. This is not done by them or the undead. The dwarves didn’t seem to have the power….

The main gate to the castle burns and falls as a burning golem like creature walks out and begins to attack any and all sources of movement by it.

And thus we know why Pirate Cat has not updated in a while. His multiverse is being destroyed.

SEGMENT 107
“Oh- This is Bad… ”

It has been 4 hours now since the Captain has gone below. They are near the final resting-place of the artifact. Jean freezes the door then Vander strikes it after being boosted by his psionics and Christina’s divine magic. The door shatters and once the dust settles the team looks in and….

Nothing.

The room has been cleaned out.

“But….?” The Captain is nearly speechless as his utter defeat comes to his mind

“oh no…” whispers Christina. They are too late…again

silence. Vander has accepted death before. He will again.

“Hah-ha-ha-hah-hah!” Jean’s Chaotic Evil nature begins to take full control.

Then a soft light creeps up onto the team as their attention is drawn on Jean’s snapped mind. The light suggests large hulking forms surrounded by flames and smoke. Infernals!

Dozens of the creatures arrive. Pinned in, Jean can not use her weather spells in full, Captain can throw his shield and Vander can not swing without hitting a teammate. Christina is the first target.

The battle is short lived and violent. None survive except for the Infernals. Then a new light creeps up behind the survivors within a small cramp room.

“You ****ing Bastards! And the person known as Megamania, whom has absorbed any and all magical items he has found on the ground, begins to unleash on the Infernals. Again, the battle is short lived and violent. No quarter given. None asked.

Jim is careful not to absorb the items as he picks them up. He gathers Captains shield. It speaks to him, which is strange but not that surprising. He picks up Vander’s Falchion. A mumble is heard in the background of his mind. He peers at Jeans destroyed undead body and frowns. Then he looks at remains of Christina. His beloved Christina.

After holding her dead body for long minutes, he places her down gently. Tears flow easily from his eyes. He looks at the mace. Her original mother. He hesitates then picks it up. “Avenge her!”

“I will….somehow.”

The shield glows and the souls from the fallen heroes (even Jean’s) flow into the shield.

Thus STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI PART ONE “THE MORTALS” HAS ENDED

Look for STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI PART II “THE IMMORTALS” To Begin.

Part II is being mapped out in my mind but I won't be posting for quite some time now. Why?

Several reasons-
1 I'm doing it in comicbook format.
2 I'm using Gods...NOT avatars but the gods themselves. WHOLE new terroritory for me
3 I have begun my concept drawing only. Still tweaking the gods I'm using and why.
4 Of the 100's of gods listed, which to use? Two have seen time here already.
5 I want to post a page twice a week so I need to get a few "issues" done ahead of time
6 I'm getting involved in PbP which take more time that I first figured on (thus why the story was shortened. I didn't describe the battle much.

Any guesses whom the gods are I'm using?

Remove ads