• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strong Legs (PEACH)

Aleolus

First Post
How does this feat sound? Be brutal, I can take it!

Strong Legs
Almost all bipedal creatures have more strength in their legs than in their arms, but for you it is even more pronounced than normal.
Prerequisite: Str 13
Benefit: You treat your Strength score as though it were 2 points higher than it is for purpose of all Str-based skill checks, as well as for determining your encumbrance level.
In addition, you may add your Str bonus to all Fortitude saves against fatigue or damage from prolonged running or similar effects.

skelso

First Post
While not game breaking, it's a little overpowered. Compared to a lot of the skill enhancing feats, which always add 2 points to 2 different skills, this one adds 2 to 3 different skills, plus Fort saves in special situations. If you changed the bonus to +1 in all of those situations, it would be more balanced. Maybe it would even be okay to leave the +2 to fort saves OR to Jump checks (but not both), but make all others +1.

Then again, I've always felt like most of the skill feats are way underpowered and hardly worth taking at all, unless you're playing E6. If you houseruled all of those feats up a point or two, then this one would probably be cool as is.

Arkhandus

First Post
No, it says that it treats your Strength score as 2 higher, so it's only a +1 to Climb, Jump, and Swim. The Fortitude benefit is extremely limited, though maybe a bit strong when combined with the other benefits. Overall, though, I'd probably consider the feat to be fine.

Strength-based skills, and long-distance running or the like, are generally eclipsed after a few levels, even if only on occasion. At upper levels, nobody needs those skills, because of spells or magic items. At the middle levels, they're useful sometimes but can be ignored in the most important situations, where the party magic users will make everyone fly or whatever for a while.

skelso

First Post
Arkhandus said:
No, it says that it treats your Strength score as 2 higher, so it's only a +1 to Climb, Jump, and Swim. The Fortitude benefit is extremely limited, though maybe a bit strong when combined with the other benefits. Overall, though, I'd probably consider the feat to be fine.

Good point. That had slipped past me.

Remove ads