Style, people!

What styles do you want in 4e art?

• Poll closed .

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I am surprised: ENWorlders have better taste then I thought.

With 147 votes:

Conan the Barbarian 104 70.75%
Vikings 102 69.39%
Knights in Shining Armor (Braveheart English) 100 68.03%
Highlanders (Braveheart Scots) 93 63.27%
Romans (1st century AD, like Gladiator) 91 61.90%
Islamic medieval 82 55.78%
WECA's LoTR good guys 81 55.10%
Ancient Greeks 79 53.74%
WECA's LoTR bad guys 78 53.06%
Indian medieval 69 46.94%
Japanese medieval 58 39.46%
African/Zulu tribal 58 39.46%
Aztec/Mesoamerican 57 38.78%
North American Plains indians 56 38.10%
Goth 41 27.89%
Anime 38 25.85%
Death Metal 37 25.17%
Greeks in leather speedos/Pierced Persians (300)
Trendy 90s tats & piercings 32 21.77%
Punk 31 21.09%

TerraDave said:
I am surprised: ENWorlders have better taste then I thought.

Nod. Could this be the end of tats, piercings, and spikey armor?

I doubt it. :)

I saw an episode of "Star Trek: Voyager" last week (home sick with food poisoning). It's so funny to see their 58-year-old-accountant scriptwriters trying to get into the 90s young persons scene circa 1995 -- Chicote with his tats, Seven with her Borg piercings. Totally radical, dood.

Too bad Tuvok doesn't wear a lumberjack shirt and a longshoreman cap, to give Nirvana fans some love . . . and Paris needs a baseball cap on backwards and long shorts, since he is a space fratboy of the 90s in all other ways.

Yo, peace out from the Delta Quadrant. Word.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Kae'Yoss said:
You're just miffed because the Goths pwned the Romans when they sacked their capital, you little Roman fanboy ;) :p.
Nope. Don't understand them wearing black mourning clothes with pale face, heavy eyeliners, and black nail polish. :]

Last edited:

Robert Ranting

First Post
I voted in favor of everything except:

WETA's badguys -I prefer green Warhammer orcs

90's Piercings and Tatoos, Death Metal, & Punk- I actually don't like mohawked Warhammer dwarves, and would prefer my blackguards not look like rejects from KISS

Conan the Barbarian & Greeks in Speedos- Fighters, barbarians, and paladins should be wearing some form of armor IMHO, not running around mostly naked. That goes for both Conan and Red Sonja. Save the impractical half-naked outfits for the spellcasters ;-)

Mostly I would prefer real-world historical influences, with a bit of LotR, and I can deal with a bit of Anime or Goth where appropriate (Book of 9 Swords, Ravenloft, etc.)

Robert "Ecclectic Tastes" Ranting

Remove ads