• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Style, people!

What styles do you want in 4e art?

• Poll closed .

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I am surprised: ENWorlders have better taste then I thought.

With 147 votes:

Conan the Barbarian 104 70.75%
Vikings 102 69.39%
Knights in Shining Armor (Braveheart English) 100 68.03%
Highlanders (Braveheart Scots) 93 63.27%
Romans (1st century AD, like Gladiator) 91 61.90%
Islamic medieval 82 55.78%
WECA's LoTR good guys 81 55.10%
Ancient Greeks 79 53.74%
WECA's LoTR bad guys 78 53.06%
Indian medieval 69 46.94%
Japanese medieval 58 39.46%
African/Zulu tribal 58 39.46%
Aztec/Mesoamerican 57 38.78%
North American Plains indians 56 38.10%
Goth 41 27.89%
Anime 38 25.85%
Death Metal 37 25.17%
Greeks in leather speedos/Pierced Persians (300)
Trendy 90s tats & piercings 32 21.77%
Punk 31 21.09%

TerraDave said:
I am surprised: ENWorlders have better taste then I thought.

Nod. Could this be the end of tats, piercings, and spikey armor?

I doubt it. :)

I saw an episode of "Star Trek: Voyager" last week (home sick with food poisoning). It's so funny to see their 58-year-old-accountant scriptwriters trying to get into the 90s young persons scene circa 1995 -- Chicote with his tats, Seven with her Borg piercings. Totally radical, dood.

Too bad Tuvok doesn't wear a lumberjack shirt and a longshoreman cap, to give Nirvana fans some love . . . and Paris needs a baseball cap on backwards and long shorts, since he is a space fratboy of the 90s in all other ways.

Yo, peace out from the Delta Quadrant. Word.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Kae'Yoss said:
You're just miffed because the Goths pwned the Romans when they sacked their capital, you little Roman fanboy ;) :p.
Nope. Don't understand them wearing black mourning clothes with pale face, heavy eyeliners, and black nail polish. :]

Last edited:

Robert Ranting

First Post
I voted in favor of everything except:

WETA's badguys -I prefer green Warhammer orcs

90's Piercings and Tatoos, Death Metal, & Punk- I actually don't like mohawked Warhammer dwarves, and would prefer my blackguards not look like rejects from KISS

Conan the Barbarian & Greeks in Speedos- Fighters, barbarians, and paladins should be wearing some form of armor IMHO, not running around mostly naked. That goes for both Conan and Red Sonja. Save the impractical half-naked outfits for the spellcasters ;-)

Mostly I would prefer real-world historical influences, with a bit of LotR, and I can deal with a bit of Anime or Goth where appropriate (Book of 9 Swords, Ravenloft, etc.)

Robert "Ecclectic Tastes" Ranting

Remove ads