• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Succubus Vampire

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
If vampire is just a template, is there anything stopping it from being added to a Succubus? (Does any not-undead/non-construct creature count as living?)

Sekhmet

First Post
The Vampire template can be applied only to humanoids and monstrous humanoids, and a Succubus is neither, so that idea is out the window.

Of course, Wizards did introduce a Succubus Paladin at one point.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The Vampire template can be applied only to humanoids and monstrous humanoids, and a Succubus is neither, so that idea is out the window.

The template (at least the version linked to on the d20pfsrd) seems more expansive than that...
“Vampire” is an acquired template that can be added to any living creature with 5 or more Hit Dice (referred to hereafter as the base creature). Most vampires were once humanoids, fey, or monstrous humanoids. A vampire uses the base creature's stats and abilities except as noted here.

... although that contradicts an "undead humanoid" in the sentence two before that.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Zura is a demon lord. The 'succubus vampire' description is a good description of her, but she isn't literally a succubus with the vampire template.

WotC talked about doing weird stuff like vampire demons here. However, the guidance they give is a little vague.

For what it's worth, I did a 3.5 D&D game and I added the vampire template to a trio of succubi (think Brides of Dracula). Turned them into complete bad asses. Throw on some kinky leather armor and you're good to go.

Remember as a DM you're allowed to bend the rules.

Fhalyassa

First Post
The template (at least the version linked to on the d20pfsrd) seems more expansive than that...
“Vampire” is an acquired template that can be added to any living creature with 5 or more Hit Dice (referred to hereafter as the base creature). Most vampires were once humanoids, fey, or monstrous humanoids. A vampire uses the base creature's stats and abilities except as noted here.

... although that contradicts an "undead humanoid" in the sentence two before that.
If I go by that I could add the vampire template to a succubus. I do like the concept of a vampric succubus. A vampire succubus if I use the way my vampire look like would be a succubus with white skin, eyes that have orange irises and red scleras, sharp canine fangs protrude from her upper lips, the fingers are long and slender, and the nails are long and fine, and cut to a sharp point.

For what it's worth, I did a 3.5 D&D game and I added the vampire template to a trio of succubi (think Brides of Dracula). Turned them into complete bad asses. Throw on some kinky leather armor and you're good to go.
I liked the Brides of Dracula a lot.

Last edited:

S

Sunseeker

I'm not really sure why you couldn't add the vampire template to a succubus. What's weird though is that a succubus pretty much is a vampire to begin with. I mean they lack the specifics, most notably the weaknesses, but they function on the same concept, of extracting the life-essence of other creatures...though with a succubus it's through sex instead of blood...though blood might be involved; in order to sustain their life.

Fhalyassa

First Post
I'm not really sure why you couldn't add the vampire template to a succubus. What's weird though is that a succubus pretty much is a vampire to begin with. I mean they lack the specifics, most notably the weaknesses, but they function on the same concept, of extracting the life-essence of other creatures...though with a succubus it's through sex instead of blood...though blood might be involved; in order to sustain their life.
What if she has the ability feed on both?

My vampires are only weakened by sunlight uinstead of being killed by it. That means that my vampires can not use most of their supernatural abilities during the day. The 1922 silent film Nosferatu is where the sunlight killing vampires came from.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads