• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suffering from gaming withdrawal :(

EroGaki

First Post
Due to conflicting schedules, my group hasn't been able to meet up for gaming for a few months, and this is likely to continue.

I'm starting to experience that awful twitch. Not being able to do any gaming is driving me bonkers. :-S

Anybody ever experienced this?

Gilladian

Adventurer
Oh, yeah. When I moved, it took me months to find a group, and it was a very difficult time. I used it to do a lot of campaign building. It isn't a perfect solution, but it satisfies enough to keep going.

steenan

Adventurer
Have you tried either finding a different group with less scheduling problems, or playing online?

Playing with different people isn't a betrayal. And it can help you become a better player as a side benefit, due to a wider spectrum of styles experienced.

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
I have to ask: how much effort are each of you putting into looking for a group? Not just brick and mortar, checking the Internet too.

Also, have you considered starting your own? Game stores aren't the only places you can put up recruitment flyers, though it is prudent to purchase something if you ask to put one up in a store. I know stores that will take flyers right down if you ask to put one up and don't at least buy something.

Jhaelen

First Post
Of course! And playing a CRPG has never been a satisfying substitute for me. Instead I turned towards (cooperative) board games. I've found that board game nights are easier to schedule and there's a larger player base.

I think we’ve all gone through this, absolutely. I used to schedule gaming to accommodate everyone’s schedules and there’d be months that’d get skipped because we couldn’t find an agreeable date. So I finally wised up and decided to game on set dates and whoever shows up, shows up.

Sometimes people’s attention/ability to commit goes away and doesn’t come back. It might be time to cut some people and add some new blood.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Instead I turned towards (cooperative) board games. I've found that board game nights are easier to schedule and there's a larger player base.

That's what my group does now that we lost one players, had two players turn into single parents, and one player had another child. It doesn't scratch the roleplaying itch for me but it works better with our hectic, erratic schedules.

Remove ads