Suggestion for Monte's Next Event Book

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Henry said:
I would personally like to see Monte's ideas on a campaign covering a natural disaster, both small (such as a hurricane), or large (say, a meteor the size of a skyscraper plows into the planet.)

What a great call- the latter is especially interesting. There are a lot of possiblities leading up to, during, and after the event.

FD

alsih2o

First Post
how about more things we can call the BoVD?

book of vermin dung- self explanatory

book of vegan dishes- non-animal based cookery for adventurers

book of village doors- nothing but graphics of pretty doors for your campain town

book of vengeful diatribes- lots of collected rants on his critics

book of valid dieties- finally thinning your pantheon down to manageable size

book of vapid druids- folks who have spent a little too much time amongst the trees

book of vanilla dwarves- an endless list of the same old dwarf traits

book of valiant discussion- dedicated to people who could discuss dragon #300 withoput flying off the handle

book of variable dweomers- for those mages getting on in years

book of verdigris dispersement- keeping those bronze age weapons really clean

book of veriform driftwood- sticks that look like worms

i could go on easily, but i have probably already gone to far :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Furn_Darkside said:
What a great call- the latter is especially interesting.FD

Not as great as you might think - I cribbed the idea from Monte's site, as this is going to be one of the titles he considers next for an "Event Book Series."

It is my fervent hope that it is the next one he selects.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
EricNoah said:

Or a "Nations at War" book in general -- could cover humanoid invasions, human vs. human wars, etc.

Maybe to tone down the scale - an overview of the aftermath of a war in which the bad guys won. Sort of like examining a "Red Dawn" situation.

Wolverines!!!

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Both of these have already been mentioned, but as they're both things I'd like to see, I'll repeat them.

1. Nations at war.

2. Natural disasters large and small.

I'd also like to see a 'Barbarians Sack the Empire' book. Visigoths, anyone?

Bugaboo

First Post
I sorta suggested the death of the world's most ancient dragon and what happens afterward (economic turmoil from his hoard; characters' sudden fame; political upheaval; monsters rush to fill the power void; etc.). We've discussed it here before, some of you might remember.
Monte wrote a brief but polite thank-you note.
The 'events' concept is a good product idea. I hope he can keep it up.

RangerWickett said:
How about a technological, cultural, or magical renaissance? Or perhaps an equivalent book about falling into the dark ages?

An excellent idea, a book detailing how to add/remove some major element in the game world. Massive arcane discoveries, magical level shifts, divine decrees, or the sudden appearance of psionic creatures/NPCs/Objects.

-Aegis-

WanderingMonster

First Post
I'm tired of these events on large scale. I want something on a more personal level. Screw Requiem for a God, I want Are you there gods? It's me, Mialee.

Laugh if you will, but I think the After School Special Event Book would be a hot seller.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
WanderingMonster said:
I'm tired of these events on large scale. I want something on a more personal level. Screw Requiem for a God, I want Are you there gods? It's me, Mialee.

Laugh if you will, but I think the After School Special Event Book would be a hot seller.

Heh. Next you'll want the The Effects of Gamma Rays On Main-In-The-Moon Marigolds event book.

Remove ads