• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

suggestions for my game(what do you think?)

Dizzie_Parallax

First Post
So me and my friends played and evil campaign. didnt get far we only got to lvl 9 or so before it fizzled due to time restraints, but it was by far the most fun game ive played; atleast story wise.

My character was a chaotic evil vampire cleric.
one of my friends was 4lvls cleric 5lvls wizard- Lawful evil
the other was a Monk bard who was aspiring to become a drunken master Neutral evil (they're were really loose rules for alignment requirements)

so ANYWAY, the game im currently tryin to put together is theyre story if they got to around lvl 20-25 and all became lords of theyre own cities (or count for my character)

The most i have so far is that the spellcaster has become a lich and is in the process of bringing about the zombie apocalypse, the drunken master has devoted himself (and his town) to drunken debauchery and the vampire is trying to ascend to god status.

but thats all i got. I know what kind of place each town is,and I have factions of good guys tryin to stop them; but i cant think of any side stuffs to be happening, or a motivation for the three of them to be doing the things they're doing. Also the drunken master is doing nothing...epic. and i dont really like that. Im having trouble introducing my pcs to the vamps story arc.

lastly Im having trouble leading my characters into anything. theyre SO cautious and theyre afraid of everything.

help? If you want anymore info on my game just ask.

veritas681

First Post
The drunken Monk who is doing nothing epic is your foot in the door to forcing them to do something. You have all kinds of opportunities to drag his evil allies to his aid and stir him out of his reverie. You could throw a cult of do-gooders at his city gates that are trying to send his city the way of Sodom and Gomorrah. You could simply let the natural consequences of unmanaged mirth and drunkenness take their toll: crime run amok, disrepair, crop losses... While his buddies come to his rescue, they aren't in their cities, and now things can happen to those cities while they're away. Also, if you're having issues with your players being over-attentive, it means they're paying so much attention to something that they are completely ignoring something else. Give them an obvious distraction. PC's who fixate are usually distractable.

anest1s

First Post
What about a horn of endless beer? It actually is a portal to a sea of beer.
Bc you know, a city drinking alcohol like it is water, are gonna need a river of beer (or wine, or whatever).

How about an epic quest to turn all the water into alcohol?

Also, how about natural disasters hitting the towns? Then they will have a common problem, and a reason to adventure together.

veritas681

First Post
Also, how about natural disasters hitting the towns? Then they will have a common problem, and a reason to adventure together.
I like your mention of natural disasters, Anestis. There are myriad reasons why "natural" disasters would strike from angsty Mages to vengeful gods.

The idea of natural disasters is vaguely reminiscent of Sim City: if a mayor doesn't handle things properly, he could easily have a riot on his hands. While one may wish to avoid having a D&D flavored game of Sim soup, it is quite possible that you could look to the Sim City games for some inspiration on what challenges a civic leader can face.

Lendro_Furioso

First Post
Here's an idea: instead of simply telling the players what they've been doing, how about asking them what they tried to do as they rose in power? You don't have to stick to what they say as the final truth, it's only their intent that matters. I think this could lead to lots of plot ideas with little to no effort from your part, as well as make the outcome more enjoyable for the players. It would also solve your non-epic Epic Monk problem if the player comes up with anything cool.

The natural disasters idea is awesome for your campaign, by the way.

Dizzie_Parallax

First Post
Here's an idea: instead of simply telling the players what they've been doing, how about asking them what they tried to do as they rose in power?

dude i cant ask the 3 NPC bad guys what they did on theyre rise to power. I do really like the idea about what to do with the monk's city though. Sending someone to stop all the fun could be very interesting. especially cause i could totally see the PCs siding with the bad guy, which is always entertaining.

anest1s

First Post
So you were playing a game as a player, and you want to use the characters into the game you now DM.

Keep in mind, that the players will want to have their own stories. How would you feel if they decided to kill the vampire? Putting your character in your game may make it unfair, if you aren't handling him as any other NPC.

Yes, you can do anything if the PCs can handle it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads