• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestions/help on purchasing laptop?

Thanee said:
Good luck with it! :D

Upgrading RAM isn't that expensive, and HDD space isn't all, just requires some better managing to get along with less. ;)

Yeah, I figured I would upgrade once my finances allowed for it, for now I would make do. :) Thank you!

ssampier said:
I'm curious, what are you using your notebook for?

Eventually, it will be a desktop replacement (my desktop is outdated and needs some components replaced, so I figured I'd just go all the way and replace both it and my current outdated laptop). So, I'd be using it for everything - internet, word processing, writing webpages, Photoshop, desktop publishing, playing games... you name it. :) And unfortunately, those last 3 require some decent specs, otherwise I'd make do with the old laptop I have - which has been fine up to this point with just using it for the first 3 on my list, but the last three would kill it. ;)

Speaking of, anyone in the market for an older laptop? :D

Thanee

First Post
For desktop tasks I would use a desktop, actually, since those are significantly cheaper, but I suppose you also want the benefit of being able to carry it around or free the table from it from time to time. :)

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads