Suleiman talks

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
I believe him.
And FWIW, the direct links are
and

Situations like this keep popping to the surface. It is getting hard to know who to trust anymore. Myself, unless it has gone to criminal or civil court, it is hard to take an accusation seriously anymore.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Ah, Cityscape, Heroes of Horror co-author. I thought that name sounded familiar.

Hope it's the last of the wrongful accusations 😰

MGibster

Legend
Unfortunately for Suleiman, being a society of laws and the presumtion of innocence only applies to the legal system. He cites the refusal of the board to grant him a hearing as is the right of any person accused of misconduct. No. You really don't have a right to a hearing in this case. When I investigate an employee at work for harrassment, do you think any of them get a hearing? No. I'm not a law enforcement officer, just an exasperated human resources professional. And a polygraph? If an employee asked me to have a polygraph administered at their expense I'd say no. If they came to me with the results of a polygraph I'd tell them I wasn't interested.

I don't know what Suleiman did or didn't do as I'm only getting his side of the story here. And if there's one thing I've learned from years of employee investigations, you can't make a good decision with just one side of the story.

Unfortunately for Suleiman, being a society of laws and the presumtion of innocence only applies to the legal system. He cites the refusal of the board to grant him a hearing as is the right of any person accused of misconduct. No. You really don't have a right to a hearing in this case. When I investigate an employee at work for harrassment, do you think any of them get a hearing? No. I'm not a law enforcement officer, just an exasperated human resources professional. And a polygraph? If an employee asked me to have a polygraph administered at their expense I'd say no. If they came to me with the results of a polygraph I'd tell them I wasn't interested.

I don't know what Suleiman did or didn't do as I'm only getting his side of the story here. And if there's one thing I've learned from years of employee investigations, you can't make a good decision with just one side of the story.
True.

The problem is that in the world of instant gratification that is social media, and those who cater to it, waiting for the results of an investigation or trial is simply not considered.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Situations like this keep popping to the surface. It is getting hard to know who to trust anymore. Myself, unless it has gone to criminal or civil court, it is hard to take an accusation seriously anymore.

But of course, that sets up a feedback loop - people not taking accusations seriously is a major barrier to them going to court.

If we make it very difficult to get the case to court, and the court experience is traumatic, using the court as a guide becomes an iffy proposition.

Remove ads