Sultans of Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Jairami said:
Wow. Moderator bump. Nice to feel appreciated. :D
How couldn't I appreciate you guys' hard work and fiendish imagination? :D

Here, have another (back from page 3). :)

-Eä-

First Post
[B][I]Barbarian Wizard Smackdown[/I][/B]

Actually, I'm not sure if this qualifies as a smack, but I'll post what I have, and you can give me feedback on what to improve and what the flaws are.

Note that I assume that the potions are created before the adventure and that the items are so as well.

Character Dwarf

Ability Scores:
Code:
Str:	16 +4 (raised) +5 (inherent) (+8 (Tenser’s) +4 (Righteous) +4 (rage) = 41)
Dex:	12
Con:	12 +2 (Dwarf) +6 (item)
Int:	14 +6 (item)
Wis:	12
Cha	10 –2 (Dwarf)

Speed: 20 (Dwarf) +10 (Barbarian) (60 with boots)

Barbarian 1: Rage

Wizard 8 (abjurer): Scribe Scroll, +1 Feat

Master Alchemist 10: Brew 9th level potions

Levels: 7 feats

Feats: 1. Brew Potions, 2. Magical Artisan: Potions, 3. Skill Focus: Alchemy, 4. Quicken Spell, 5. Maximise Spell, 6. Power Attack, 7. Craft Wondrous Item, 8. Improved Critical: Scythe

Spells:
Code:
0	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9
4+1	4+1	4+1	4+1	4+1	4+1	4+1	3+1	3+1	2+1
	2	1	1	1	1

Hit Points: 12+18d4+19*5…12+18*2,5+19*5=152

BAB: 1 (Barb) +4 (Wiz) +5 (Master Alchemist) = 10
AB: 10 (BAB) +7 (str)

With Divine Power and Tenser’s Transformation + Rage
BAB: 19 (Divine Power) +9 (Tenser’s Transformation) = 28
AB: 28 (BAB) +15 (Str) = 43
AB Scythe: 43 +1 (Enh) = 44 (44/39/34/29(/44))
Damage Scythe: 2d4+23 18-20/x4

Saving Throws:
Code:
Fort:	2 (Barb) +2 (Wiz) +3 (MaA) +5 (Cape) +5 (Con) = 17
Ref:	0 (Barb) +2 (Wiz) +3 (MaA) +5 (Cape) +1 (Dex) = 11 (15 when Tenser’s)
Will:	0 (Barb) +6 (Wiz) +7 (MaA) +5 (Cape) +1 (Wis) = 19

AC: 10 +8 (Bracers) +5 (Ring) +5 (Amulet) +1 (Dex) = 29 (34 with Tenser’s, 38 with Tenser’s and Haste)

Items:

Manual of Gainful Exercise +5: 137500 GP
Cloak of Major Displacement: 50000 GP
Ring of Protection +5: 50000 GP
+1 Keen Scythe of True Striking: 32500 GP
Headband of Intellect +6: 36000
306000 GP

Created:
Boots of Striding and Springing: 100 XP, 1250 GP
Bracers of Armour +8: 2560 XP, 32000 GP
Periapt of Health +6: 1440 XP, 18000 GP
3xPotion of Spell Turning: 3*136,5 XP = 409 XP, 3*1706,25GP = 5118 GP
Potion of Mind Blank: 180 XP, 2250 GP
Potion of Nondetection: 22 XP, 281 GP
Potion of Stoneskin: 42 XP, 525 GP
Amulet of Natural Armour +5: 2000 XP, 25000 GP
2xPotions of Haste: 90 XP, 1125 GP
6843 XP, 85549 GP

Spells:

0th level: All
Memorised: 2xGhost Sound, 2x Mage Hand, 1xResistance

1st level: All
Memorised: 2xTrue Strike, 2xProtection from Law, 1xMagic Missile, 2x Ray of Enfeeblement

2nd level: Invisibility, Darkness, Protection from Arrows, See Invisibility, Mirror Image
Memorised: 2xDarkness, 1xProtection from Arrows, 2xMirror Image, 1xSee Invisibility

3rd level: Nondetection, Haste, Blink, Protection from Elements, Vampiric Touch
Memorised: 1xHaste, 2xNondetection, 1xProtection from Elements, 2xBlink

4th level: Stoneskin, Fire Shield, Enervation, Minor Globe of Invulnerability, Improved Invisibility
Memorised: 2xEnervation, 1xFireshield, 1xMinor Globe of Invulnerability, 1xStoneskin, 1xImproved Invisibility

5th level: Dismissal, Transmute Rock to Mud, Cone of Cold, Wall of Iron, Mind Fog
Memorised: 1xQuickened True Strike, 1xWall of Iron, 2xQuickened Protection from Law, 1xTransmute Rock to Mud, 1xDismissal

6th level: Globe of Invulnerability, Tenser’s Transformation, True Seeing, Bigby’s Forceful Hand, Flesh to Stone
Memorised: 1xQuickened See Invisibility, 1xQuickened Invisibility, 2xTrue Seeing, 1xGlobe of Invulnerability

7th level: Limited Wish, Sequester, Spell Turning, Teleport without Error, Phase Door
Memorised: 3xLimited Wish, 1xSpell Turning

8th level: Mind Blank, Sunburst, Horrid Wilting, Iron Body, Otiluke’s Telekinetic Sphere
Memorised: 1xMind Blank, 2x Quickened Haste, 1xIron Body

9th level: Mordenkainen’s Disjunction, Foresight, Meteor Swarm, Energy Drain, Wish
Memorised: 2xMaximised Tenser’s Transformation, 1xWish

Tactics:

Round 1:
1. Quickened Haste
2. Limited Wish: Divine Power
3. Limited Wish: Righteous Might

Round 2:
1. Quickened Improved Invisibility
2. Nondetection
3. Spell Turning

Round 3:
1. Quickened True Strike
2. Maximised Tenser's Transformation
3. Rage & Attack

The tactic I originally planned to use:

Round 1
1. Quickened Haste (8)
2. Darkness (2)
3. Spell Turning (7)

Round 2
1. Limited Wish (7) Divine Power
2. Mind Blank (8)
3. Quickened Protection from Law (5)

Round 3
1. Quickened Improved Invisibility (8)
2. Nondetection (3)
3. Limited Wish (7) Righteous Might

Round 4
1. Quickened See Invisibility (6)
2. True Seeing (4)
3. True Strike (1)

Round 5
1. Maximised Tenser’s Transformation (9)
2. Rage & Attack

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Re: [B][I]Barbarian Wizard Smackdown[/I][/B]

-Eä- said:
Actually, I'm not sure if this qualifies as a smack, but I'll post what I have, and you can give me feedback on what to improve and what the flaws are.

It's interesting, but it takes too long. You only get 1 round (plus *maybe* one prep round).

Also, to optimize the smack, I suggest an alternative to levels in Master Alchemist: spell-storing ioun stones. The less levels it takes, the mopre we're impressed.

Finally, total up your damage. Using some exotic, questionable math you have to get average damage up to 200 points.

Jairami

First Post
Yes, something that grabs the attention and justifies all the mental number crunching. That's the funnest part. That and the hail storm that follows posting it. ;)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Hey, I'm the number cruncher around here. :)

I may not have submitted any smacks, but I'm constantly inspired by this thread. Keep it up!

Holy Polymorphed 4-Armed Smackdowns Batman!

Holy Polymorphed 4-Armed Smackdowns Batman!

The Character
Human Ranger1/Barbarian1/Fighter4/Order of the Bow Initiate10
Stats: Wisdom 26 (18 start + 4 level +6 Periapt of Wisdom)

Feats (By level)
1 Weapon Focus: Composite Longbow, Point Blank Shot, Two Weapon Fighting, Ambidexterity
2 Rapid Shot
3 Precise Shot, Quickdraw
5 Weapon Specialization: Composite Longbow
6 Zen Archery
9 Improved Critical
12 Improved TWF
15 Any Feat

Items: Periapt of Wisdom +6, Gloves of Dexterity +6, Belt of Giants Strength +6, 2x Ioun Stone of Spell Storing, 2x +1 Mighty Composite Longbows (18) of Speed, 50x +1 Arrows of Spell Storing, 11x Scrolls of Hold Person, 3x Scrolls of Greater Magic Weapon (CL 15), Scroll of Tenser’s Transformation, 11x Scrolls of Fireball (CL 10), Scroll of Polymorph Other, Scroll of Quickened Haste.

Preparation
Have your party members cast the spells from your scrolls into your magic items. The Tenser’s Transformation into the Ioun Stone, The Fireballs and Hold Persons into the arrows, the Greater Magic Weapons onto your weapons and finally have them polymorph you into a 4-Armed Mutant Sahuagin.

Your final important stats are Str 20, Dex 19, and Wis 26.
The Smackdown
Surprise Round: Quickdraw your bows, activate your stones of Tenser’s Transformation and Quickened Haste and move to within 30 feet of your opponent.

1st Round: Fly into Barbarian Rage, increasing your Str to 24, then unload your Arrows of Hold Person.
Your BAB is 21 thanks to the Tenser’s Transformation so assuming full TWF and Rapid Shot, your base attacks are at 21/21/21/16/11/6/1 and 21/21/21/16. Your modifier to ranged attacks is +26 (+5 arrows, +5 bow +4 dex, +13 wis (stacks due to Improved Zen Archery), +2 Focus, +1 Point Blank Shot –2 Rapid Shot –2 TWF) meaning you pull off your attacks at+ 47/47/47/42/37/32/27 and +47/47/47/42. Each shot deals 1d8+18/17 (+5 arrow, +5 bow, +4/+3 Str, +4 Specialization), assuming all of them hit, and that’s not unlikely with a minimum attack bonus of +27, that means you do an average of 243.5 damage in the first round. Since the target also has to make 11 DC14 Will saves, odds are they are now Held.

2nd round: Continue the Smackdown, but this time use Arrows of Fireball. Now, because the target is most likely Held, he will be vulnerable to the OoBI Sneak Attacks and gets no save against the 11 10th level fireballs. He takes 11d8+165d6+194, or on average 1141 points of damage.

Total Damage in 2 rounds 1384.5, or on average 692.5 points of damage a round.

Jairami

First Post
Wow.

Very creative. A little more far fetched, but see the Ultima post for even more prep, so it stands. A little dependant on others, and the mechanics for the offhand bow may be a little sketchy, but still kudos for wrapping your brain around that one!

DM_Matt

First Post
Multipurpose Smackdown

This smackdown exploits the poor synergy between Oriental Adventures and the core rules, which makes Shujenja suitable for cleric PRCs. This uses some controvercial rules (A shujenja who gets domains gets a domain spell slot to cast the spells in, but does not gain them as spells known) but is intended to be a character that can smack with spells OR melee, and have extreme defensive abilities.

Str 24
Dex 24
Con 26
Int 20
Wis 12
Cha 30

Classes: Fighter1/Shujenja4/MysticWanderer1/DivineDesciple2/DivineAgent1/Hospitaler10

Attack: +14/+9/+4 (base)
Attack W/scim (GMF'd): +27/+22/+17, 12-20/x2 and Beheading
AC: 10+10(Cha)+7(Dex)+5(Natural)+5(Ring)+4(permanent mage armor)+5 (Shield) = 46
Init: +11
Fort: +29
Ref: +23
Will: +28
SacDef +1
HP: 11d10+5d8+4d6+160

Divine Emissary: Can communicate with outsiders telepathicly within 60 feet.
Divine Health: Immune to all disease

Feats:
Alertness
Iron Will
Mounted Combat
Rideby Attack
Spellcasting Prodigy
Maximize Spell
Weapon Focus (Scimitar)
Improved Critical (Scimitar)
Powel Critical (Scimitar)
Improved Initiative
Elemental Substitution (Acid)
Spell Focus (Evocation)
Greater Spell Focus (Evocation)

Sleep 1/day

Items:
Cloak of Cha +6 (36k)
Belt of Giant Str +6 (36k)
Gloves of Dex +6 (36k)
Bracers of Health +6 (36k)
Headband of Intellect +6 (36k)
Inherant to Cha +1 (27,500)
Boots of Striding and Springing/ Speed (12k)
Amulet of Natural Armor +5 (50K)
Ring of Protection +5 (50k)
Ring of Evasion (4k)
+1 Keen Vorpal Frost Holy Scimitar (200,000)
Ring of Spell Storing (90K)
-----

Domains: Spell, Time, Fire School (Moshi), Myticism

Spell/day: 6/9/9/8/8/8/8/7/6/4...all +d
Spells:
0 Light
1 Divine Favor, True Strike, Mage Armor, Burning Hands, Change Self, Protection from Evil
2 Spiritual Weapon Gentle Repose, Silence, The Fires that Cleanse, Cat's Grace, Heat Metal, Bull's Strength (or Endurance), Flaming Sphere, Endure Elements, Faerie Fire, Cause Fear, Hypnotism,
3 Lesser Aspect of the Deity, Haste, Anyspell, , Fireball, Keen Edge, Searing Light, Greater Magic Weapon, Clarvoyance/Claraudience (or Haste)
4 Weapon of the Deity, Freedom of Movement, Rary's Neumonic Enhancer , Wall of Fire, Fire Shield, Lightning Bolt, Dismissal, Descern Lies
5 Rightious Might, Permanency, Break Enchantment, Fire Breath, Improved Invisibility, Spell resistance, Flame Strike, Feeblemind
6 Aspect of the Deity, Contingency, Greater Anyspell, Chain Lightning, Fire Seeds, Greater Glyph of Warding, Greater Dispelling
7 Holy Word, Mass Haste, Limited Wish, Prismatic Spray, Mass Invisibility, Fire Storm, Death of Mind's flame***
8 Holy Aura, Foresight, Antimagic Field, Everburning Rage**, Power Word: Blind, Teleport w/o Error
9 Greater Aspect of the Deity, Time Stop, Mord's Disjunction, Meteor Swarm, Call of Heaven*

* 1round/2levels: DR: 0/+1. 5d6 to all within 6 feet, Fly, can blast 10die fireballs as a free action, once/round, subtracting 1 from the duration each time.
** Ranged touch, reduces character to 0 hp for 1 round/level, no save. If victim takes an action to get him down to -1, the damage becomes real.
***Feeblemind, Slow, and confusion, all in one
Weapon Smack:
Round 1:Contingency, Maximized Lightning Bolt
Round 2: Haste, GMW
Round 3: GMW, Holy Aura
Round 4: Greater Aspect of the Deity, Improved Invisibility
Round 5: Aspect of the Deity, Rightous Might
Round 6: Divine Favor, Call of Heaven
Round 7: LW(Divine Power), LW(Tensers Transformation)
------------------
+4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha.
SR 25...+4 to saves/AC...DR 10/+3...if hit, blinded, weapon might blow up...+4 str enlargement....Large.., +6 luck attack/dmg....immune to acid, cold, electricity, disease, one smite....BAB set to +30, +20d6 hp, +5 Fort saves, assume that the str and dex on 2d4 do not exceed 6
------------------------------

Bab: +48/+48/+43/+38/+33/+28/+23
AC: 50, saves 35,31,34, SR 25, DR 10/+3, Immune to Acid, Cold, and Disease, darkvision 60, Fly at 60, Large,
-----------------
Round 7: (Smite) +58/+48/+43/+38/+33/+28/+23
Run through Spikeys SpreadSheet and extrapolating......Assuming alll attacks hit, this character deals 345 dmg/round in melee on average....Also, assuming that everything hits, there is a 50% chance that each hit will behead.
Add 60 for a contingencied lightning bolt, and 15d6/round from Call of heaven (53), and you get 398 dmg/round on average with a free 60 as a one-shot.
HP: 11d10+5d8+4d6+200+20d6.......MAX: 474...Average: 353

Spell Smack:
First: Contingency: Maximized Lightning Bolt (60)
Round1: Haste, Fire Breath
Round2: Call of Heaven, TP w/o E
Round3: Time Stop, Meteor Swarm (24d6), CoH FB 10d6, CoH Prox 5d6
Round4: Meteor Swarm (24d6), Meteor Swarm (24d6), CoH Prox 5d6
Round5: Maximized Fire Breath, Activate MFB (71), CoH FB, CoH Prox 5d6
Round6: Maximized Flame Strike (90) Activate MFB (71), CoH FB, CoH Prox 5d6
Round7 :Maximized Flame Strike (90)Activate MFB (71), CoH FB, CoH Prox 5d6
Time Stop Ends
Round 8: Maximized Flame Strike (90), Maximized Flame Strike (90)
Victim takes 142d6+637
Max: 1489...Average: 1134

Due to its complexity and the fact that it has been constantly changed, I am sure that there are errors. Feel free to point em out, or to refine this.

Happy Smacking!

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Re: Multipurpose Smackdown

DM_Matt said:

Domains: Spell, Time, Fire School (Moshi), Myticism

Reread the section on Spells for the Hospitaler. They choose two domains out of Healing, Protection, War, Glory, and Domination, and lose access to any other domains.

(Come to think of it, I've never noticed this part of the Hospitaler PrC before, and I can't think of anybody who has taken levels as a Hospitaler ever taking this into account. Has this been changed by the Sage or erratad somewhere?)

[Edit] Ah, I found it. Sage Advice, Dragon #286:
Hospitaler prestige class -- Spells: The first entry (Spells) is incorrect. Use the second entry (Spells per Day) instead. In addition, Table 3-7 should have a Spells per Day column, which should read "+1 level of existing class" at each level.
[/Edit]

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
It doesnt say that in my version....Hosps dont get domains at all...that would make Hosps even more overpowered, since paladins can take the class even easier than clerics can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads