• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Summonner synthesist in the strange land of 3.0 & 3.5

Dear good people of Enworld

I am happily playing as a player now as all of my new players turned to be aspiring DMs. My character was supposed to be a synthesist summoner but it turned out they were going to play 3.0 & 3.5 . The DM allowed me to play a nerfed version of the aformentioned pathfinder base class but now I don't know any good feats that would allow me to use my Japanese powe-armor inspiered concept to flourish.

Are there any good feats for enchancing skill aquisition and skills in general, natural claw attacks, leadership abilities, AoE bomb effects or enable better flying abilities?

I doub my DM will allow me any feats from Pathfinder but he was very encouraging in usage of obscure splat books dealing with complex and otherworldly player character concepts.

Thank you for your kind help.

Dozen

First Post
Nymph's Kiss(BOED; caution, fey significant other required) and Natural Skill(online, DM may not allow it) boosts your skillcount considerably.
natural claw attacks, leadership abilities
Can you elaborate on that? Do you want to aquire these or boost the ones you already have?

S

Sunseeker

How "nerfed" are we talking about here? What about it is different from the base class?

Can you elaborate on that? Do you want to aquire these or boost the ones you already have?

I want to get better with my claw attacks from my biped eidolon armor and I want to aquire some leadership skills

How "nerfed" are we talking about here? What about it is different from the base class?

My summoner Hit dice were downgraded to d6, I believe my magic ability as well but its a houserule for all players , and if my Synthesist would be too potent he would nerf more

S

Sunseeker

I want to get better with my claw attacks from my biped eidolon armor and I want to aquire some leadership skills

My summoner Hit dice were downgraded to d6, I believe my magic ability as well but its a houserule for all players , and if my Synthesist would be too potent he would nerf more

So am I assuming that the way your eidolon improves and such is unchanged? In that case you will be looking to how the eidolon acquires new abilities for claw and flight attacks, which I think are already listed in the eidolon evolution list. The summoner, especially the synthesist is broken because of high melee quality with his eidolon and high caster ability on his own, so if your casting has been nerfed, you're back in the realm of most other classes. Your eidolon is basically a monster, so it qualifies for monstrous feats, which is where you're going to find most of your claw and flight based attack boosters.

Is there a way to get energy blasts or enchance alchemist fire and improve throwing abilities in D&D without multiclassing. I wanted to do something smillar to iron mans repulsor ray or a in-built primitive grenade luncher?

I was originaly planing to get eldrich heritage to get my energy blast but now I'm thinking about a repeating crossbow. I don't intend to get into melee too much, its the cool factor that brought me to this archetype, unfortunatly the DM wasn't able to find any sufficient substitute for it in his 3.5 and 3.0

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads