Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread III

Victim

First Post
Star looks at the maps and does some cursory online research. "We're going to be teleporting, right, so border forces aren't very important? And isn't there supposed to be another government for southern Sudan? Maybe we could talk to them about getting some help - not really for fighting, but for knowing the area?" Megan asks. "Or have those people been killed already?" Maybe... These people are killers. - Just like me. Why do I have to work on this plan right now?

DM_Matt

First Post
Star looks at the maps and does some cursory online research. "We're going to be teleporting, right, so border forces aren't very important? And isn't there supposed to be another government for southern Sudan? Maybe we could talk to them about getting some help - not really for fighting, but for knowing the area?" Megan asks. "Or have those people been killed already?" Maybe... These people are killers. - Just like me. Why do I have to work on this plan right now?

"That government is long gone, removed when Barunga-Na drove out the peacekeepers. There is not much internal resistance left. We have someone in the area we can use though...a local mutant who sends us updates from the area...she may be able to help"

Hammerhead

Explorer
"That seems like a very interesting situation down there. I guess I've entered worse," Errant claims with a smile. I wonder if that's actually true. Probably not; these kinds of invasions and conflicts were always incredibly nasty, and the presence of zombies, real or fake, only made things much worse. In any case, I don't think I've entered it with a team like this. Should be fun, at the very least, and we have a real chance to help some people.

I wonder if any of my old friends from abroad are down there. Hell, I wonder what side they're on, if any. Not that they'll recognize me.

"So are you going to let us get some sleep before we pop in, or are we heading out immediately? I assume the default plan is to make contact with our woman on the ground and go from there once we get better intel? We have a location, name, face for her?"

Victim

First Post
"Okay, maybe this a dumb question," Megan asks. "But what happens to the reanimated ghoulie if the live person had powers?"

DM_Matt

First Post
"Okay, maybe this a dumb question," Megan asks. "But what happens to the reanimated ghoulie if the live person had powers?"

It depends on the source of the powers, how hard they are to control...well, basically, we don't know. We are also not sure if he can only make one kind of ghoul or multiple different kinds.

Victim

First Post

It depends on the source of the powers, how hard they are to control...well, basically, we don't know. We are also not sure if he can only make one kind of ghoul or multiple different kinds.

"That's worse than just yes," Star says. "Someone should look up the African League or whatever just in case." If it wouldn't work on powers that are hard to control, then at least I don't have to worry about mine being used against everyone else.

DM_Matt

First Post
"That seems like a very interesting situation down there. I guess I've entered worse," Errant claims with a smile. I wonder if that's actually true. Probably not; these kinds of invasions and conflicts were always incredibly nasty, and the presence of zombies, real or fake, only made things much worse. In any case, I don't think I've entered it with a team like this. Should be fun, at the very least, and we have a real chance to help some people.

I wonder if any of my old friends from abroad are down there. Hell, I wonder what side they're on, if any. Not that they'll recognize me.

"So are you going to let us get some sleep before we pop in, or are we heading out immediately? I assume the default plan is to make contact with our woman on the ground and go from there once we get better intel? We have a location, name, face for her?"

"You should rendezvous with her as soon as you arrive in-theatre. Your support crew is readying your aircraft now -- which, by the way, you guys are free to name, if you prefer something snappier than the TMA-26 Mk. IV 5319. You can sleep on the plane on the way there, as it will take a few hours. You might want to formulate a plan already though. Our source on the ground will have up-to-date local information, but when it comes down to it, the satellite imagery is our best tool for tracking troop movements."

Victim

First Post
Star looks at the map, "A lot western Eithiopia seems mountainy, if I'm reading the map right. So there probably aren't a whole lot of good routes for moving lots of guys and armored vehicles. Maybe if we blew up or collapsed the roads they're using, the army could be cut off so it can't get supplies or reinforcements."

DM_Matt

First Post
Star looks at the map, "A lot western Eithiopia seems mountainy, if I'm reading the map right. So there probably aren't a whole lot of good routes for moving lots of guys and armored vehicles. Maybe if we blew up or collapsed the roads they're using, the army could be cut off so it can't get supplies or reinforcements."

"Our contact on the ground is a mutant with earth and fire-related powers. She can help with that. The mechs are great at crossing tough terrain and have jump jets, and the zombies can persevere through a lot, but even the zombies cant climb EVERYTHING, the jets are real fuel hogs, and they still rely on trucks for most things. It could be an effective distraction to hit one of their convoys, inflict as much damage as possible, wreck the roads, and then go to a more important target. You'll have to pick up our local contact in Ethiopia.

Wheels up in 2 hours. Good luck."

(OK, time for the ATT move, and a new thread! I'll make the stuff.)

Remove ads