Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread III

DM_Matt

First Post
Grey suddenly adds "I;m getting intel that WSD is increasing its focus on Hope as the proof that we are a government agency. That trap you fell into at the baseball game really created some problems. It looks like the next mission will amost certainly be abroad, on sovereign soil, without the permission of the locals, so I'm going to have to bench you, Hope. You should reprt back to your job at AEGIS for the time being. We still need you there."

kirinke

First Post
Grey suddenly adds "I;m getting intel that WSD is increasing its focus on Hope as the proof that we are a government agency. That trap you fell into at the baseball game really created some problems. It looks like the next mission will amost certainly be abroad, on sovereign soil, without the permission of the locals, so I'm going to have to bench you, Hope. You should reprt back to your job at AEGIS for the time being. We still need you there."

"I understand, right now, we don't need that kind of scrutiny. If you need me in any capacity though, I'll be on call." you can hear the relief in her voice. "And I don't want to put the team at further risk. Right now I am a liability."

DM_Matt

First Post
"I understand, right now, we don't need that kind of scrutiny. If you need me in any capacity though, I'll be on call." you can hear the relief in her voice. "And I don't want to put the team at further risk. Right now I am a liability."

"Thanks you for being so understanding. As far as the rest of you, time is ticking. Please choose your target and deploy."

Elric

First Post
"Take care, Hope."

Before Hope leaves, Nitro finds her aside and says quietly. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about you and Foreshadow" <winks>

kirinke

First Post
"Take care, Hope."

Before Hope leaves, Nitro finds her aside and says quietly. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about you and Foreshadow" <winks>

She grinned. "Don't change Nitro, or every time you host an outdoor event, I'll send a thunderstorm your way." she mock threatened and turned more serious. "Look out for Star will you? She's on a thiner thread than I am," she told him quietly before leaving.

Last edited:

G. Skylark

First Post
"Ta-ta, Hope." Skylark is both disturbed and amused at the thought of zombies, having seen "Shaun of the Dead" too many times. "Let's 'ave a look at th' satellite photography, it should give us the gen on where we can rumble Mr. Na. Also where we might cause a distraction of the sort Mr. Errant suggested."

DM_Matt

First Post
"Ta-ta, Hope." Skylark is both disturbed and amused at the thought of zombies, having seen "Shaun of the Dead" too many times. "Let's 'ave a look at th' satellite photography, it should give us the gen on where we can rumble Mr. Na. Also where we might cause a distraction of the sort Mr. Errant suggested."

Grey displays the images. As you can see, Barunga-Na's main force is moving east from his base in the Sudd in Sourthern Sudan into Ethiopia, headed straight for the capital, Addis Ababa. Its backed by artillery, anti-air, and mechs, generally provided by Barrington and all manned by humans, including some Barrington has imported. The Ethiopians aren't faring well, and are mostly trying to delay the invaders as long as possible to maximize exposure to American air strikes from ships and Camp Lemonier, although those are becoming increasingly dangerous thanks to the anti-air assets that Barrington has in the area. This push has a supply chain directly back to his base, where he has bodies sent back for reanimation and send in resupplies.

His other force is moving Northwest from Somalia into Djibouti, which is defended by US forces and the 5th fleet. Optic (as a genius engineer) and Apollo (guarding aircraft mostly) are already en route to Camp Lemonier to set up some experimental souped-up microwave weapons. Cooking humans is against international law, but zombies have no human rights. Also from Somalia, a group approaches Harer. These forces were transported to Barringotn's bases in Somalia. They only have a roundabout route back to Barunga-Na's base.

There are pockets of forces on some of the new state's borders, though only token defenses on the borders of Egypt and Libya, which are Barrington states.

Last edited:

Remove ads