Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread III

Elric

First Post
"You see, Hope." Nitro says. "This is why we don't take you seriously. You're always sure that you're right, but you're usually wrong."

kirinke

First Post
"The Grant thing went to hell once Apollo became a public hero. We'd need a new in. Besides, Grant is delaying some of the lunch parties to deal with this one launch of the anti-parasitic medication that just happens to be the cure to the Animus Beast's spores.

The zombies are not contagious. They are all created either by Ubunga-Na in the field, or mostly, at his castle in the Sudd, a large swampy region in Southern Sudan. It seems that they do not have any independant ability to create zombies in the field. They collect the enemy dead, put them on trucks, or sometimes grav transports, which Barrington lent him a few of, and take them to home base for reanimation.

There do exist zombie-like contagions -- in fact, Animus Beasts behave a little like that, but that is not this guy's M.O. He has the power to animate dead flesh. Hope, just because you got mauled by some other thing we decide to refer to as a zombie doesn't mean much about this particular instance. The idea of zombies and the undead really captures the human imagination. People come up with a lot of scientific ways to simulate them...and of course, some, like Ubunga-Na, just happen to have an appropriate mutant power."

Hope nodded. "Exactly. I didn't know about this particular type of zombie. Most of the ones I've dealt with were real zombies, the non-contagious kind and not ghouls." she rolled her shoulders to relieve some tension. "And those were bad-enough to deal with."

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
"So when I asked about these specific things, and this specific necromancer, you thought it would be a good idea to muddy the waters with a bunch of inapplicable stuff because why?" Star asks angrily.

I didn't think Islam had anthro-whatever angels... Not important. "Let's just get this done. If there are regular -shipments," she says, shifting about, "we could start intercepting them and maybe steal the gravity vehicles - I'm sure refugee places might find them useful. Then he can't make more guys if he stays at the castle. If he sends guys out to stop us, then we can teleport away and attack while his guys are away. And if he comes himself, at least all the static stuff at the castle won't be there."

"Is that any good?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Hearing the bantering again, Wren simply shakes his head slightly, as he knows there is no use in thinking it will ever stop. At the mention of zombies, head-shots, contagions, movies and theories, he can only sigh.

"Whatever we decide, let's do this quickly. I think that perhaps we should do a little of all of the choices. Barrington and his goons were so elaborate in trying to make a series of attacks in different places, and it would be nice to do the same. Hit the factory, the zombies, the law firm, anything and everything with his damned name attached to it. But, we don't have the personnel like he does. He's got the right idea; Strength in Numbers. He's learned from his mistakes."

Wren will then disperse with the info he found on the Animus and Barrington link, from two pages back...

"With Raven now ok, and perhaps able to assist, we might be able to get some aid from others. We need to pool our resources, and hit them where it hurts. I'm tired of playing catch-up with them, and it would be nice to take the initiative for once. Taking out his lackies might prove worth it, but what if they are simpy there to distract us from his real intentions. With all that is going on, we don't know what actions are his, and what are simply his lackies own individual goals."

"Either way, I'm all for either attacking the factory, or the zombies. Something's gotta be done, and quickly. If it gets hairy, I'll get everyone out again. I think I got a few little surprises for those zombies as well..."

kirinke

First Post
Hearing the bantering again, Wren simply shakes his head slightly, as he knows there is no use in thinking it will ever stop. At the mention of zombies, head-shots, contagions, movies and theories, he can only sigh.

"Whatever we decide, let's do this quickly. I think that perhaps we should do a little of all of the choices. Barrington and his goons were so elaborate in trying to make a series of attacks in different places, and it would be nice to do the same. Hit the factory, the zombies, the law firm, anything and everything with his damned name attached to it. But, we don't have the personnel like he does. He's got the right idea; Strength in Numbers. He's learned from his mistakes."

Wren will then disperse with the info he found on the Animus and Barrington link, from two pages back...

"With Raven now ok, and perhaps able to assist, we might be able to get some aid from others. We need to pool our resources, and hit them where it hurts. I'm tired of playing catch-up with them, and it would be nice to take the initiative for once. Taking out his lackies might prove worth it, but what if they are simpy there to distract us from his real intentions. With all that is going on, we don't know what actions are his, and what are simply his lackies own individual goals."

"Either way, I'm all for either attacking the factory, or the zombies. Something's gotta be done, and quickly. If it gets hairy, I'll get everyone out again. I think I got a few little surprises for those zombies as well..."

Hope ignored Star's outburst and her eyes glinted at Wren's comment about zombies. "I do too, I might not be able to conjure fire, but I think that a few well placed tornadoes and hail storms can do the trick quite nicely, especially since we're talking about fighting them in the open." she considered the options. "With your ability to create walls and such, compounded with mine, we can box them up and divide the playing field so to speak, make it easier to pick them off."

Victim

First Post
"Are the zombies/ghouls/whatever tool using? If they can't use guns or attack at range, then they're not really much of a threat anyway. The supers usually give us the most trouble." Obviously...

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Well, since these aren't real zombies, who can say? But I would expect that Ubunga-Na would also use conventional forces with conventional weaponry, in additional to his fake zombies." I guess we can all be thankful that none of us had to fight real zombies, like Hope has, Errant thinks sarcastically. And those necromancers made Hope face the darkest parts of her psyche, and she had to battle for control. Wow, Hope is so strong and tough, both mentally and physically. Truly an inspiration to all of us lesser heroes. Never mind that I don't think anyone else here would ever let a lone little zombie child ever bite them; everyone knows that even living children are usually rabid.

"Also, let's not forget the group that broke him out of prison, the Janjaweed. In addition to their more mundane pursuits of torture and genocide, they killed an entire African superteam, so they probably have a few supers of their own or some high tech weaponry. Star, I like your plan, but I worry that it might take up too much time, and give them too many opportunities to react. We might stumble into a deadly ambush and meet the same fate as the Brotherhood of Peace."

"Maybe just stick with the general so far: find a nice, tasty diversion, hit it, and then use teleportation to rapidly redeploy our forces and beat the living hell out of an unprepared Ubunga-Na and haul his ass to the World Court. Right now I'm not sure we know enough to come up with a more specific plan of action...maybe wait until we've seen what's going at location?"

I assume that the African necromancer Barunga-Na and Ubunga-Na are, in fact, the same person. Otherwise we'll have to fight two of them.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
Actually, not so strong or tough.... It's one of the reasons why she's acting the way she is, overcompensating, being a general ass, etc. It durned near broke her and she's still recovering.

IC:

"Sensible," Hope said. "We can talk about until we're blue in the face, but until we have something to work on, all it is... Is well talk."

DM_Matt

First Post
"Are the zombies/ghouls/whatever tool using? If they can't use guns or attack at range, then they're not really much of a threat anyway. The supers usually give us the most trouble." Obviously...

They can use some basic tools, but aiming guns is generally beyond their capabilities. But like Errant noted, they have humans as well, some locals and some provided by Barrington. The advanced tech he provides tend to focus on what the zombies can't do...artillery, anti-air, stuff like that.

(Hammerhead -- the Janjaweed are a real group, and are the ones primarily responsible for the genocide in Darfur. They are not a supervillain team)

Remove ads