Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread III

Victim

First Post
"She just woke up, Star," Errant responds. "And the last time I checked, your team just defeated several threats to Freedom City and managed to capture half the Crime League. So really, things are looking up," he comments optimistically.

"Tell that to the missing members of the League, everyone hurt in the rioting, and the people being mindcontrolled by alien spores," Star replies. "Picking off some of their dispoable people isn't important compared to failing to protect an entire city." Maybe that's why I suck though...

Hammerhead

Explorer
What a negative attitude.

"Well, you're a superhero. That means you respond to crimes and other emergencies. Ultimately, you're going to be a reactive force to the bad things that happen. You just have to do your best to minimize the damage," he explains with a smile. "And your team stopped the spreading of the spores to the entire city, helped contain the rioting, and captured a lot of the bad guys. If that's not a win, what is?"

"And okay, the rest of the League got captured. But they're not dead, and Barrington isn't likely to kill them in at least the near future. And you didn't have any personnel to spare to help them fight their battles, so there wasn't much you could have done to stop them."

"Besides, I can't think of two people more likely to escape from confinement than the Spirit of Liberty or a genius inventor, right? At the very least, they might be able to get a message to us, or we could try and track them down ourselves."

kirinke

First Post
What a negative attitude.

"Well, you're a superhero. That means you respond to crimes and other emergencies. Ultimately, you're going to be a reactive force to the bad things that happen. You just have to do your best to minimize the damage," he explains with a smile. "And your team stopped the spreading of the spores to the entire city, helped contain the rioting, and captured a lot of the bad guys. If that's not a win, what is?"

"And okay, the rest of the League got captured. But they're not dead, and Barrington isn't likely to kill them in at least the near future. And you didn't have any personnel to spare to help them fight their battles, so there wasn't much you could have done to stop them."

"Besides, I can't think of two people more likely to escape from confinement than the Spirit of Liberty or a genius inventor, right? At the very least, they might be able to get a message to us, or we could try and track them down ourselves."

"Anyway... On attacking his recruitment centers, what about using publicity against him?" she asked, trying to change the subject. "Some of his recruits are probably just bedazzled by his retorik, we could show them exactly the kind of damage his is causing in Freedom City, hurting hundreds of innocent people, causing the destruction of Freedom Hall and things along that line. We need to get media savvy. Because that can kill us just as much as a sniper's bullet."

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
"You could hold a press conference," Errant suggests helpfully. "I'm afraid that I don't have much experience with the matter, but Nitro might. You're not exactly camera shy."

DM_Matt

First Post
Ms White has returned.

She says "You guys should meet with Mr. Silver about that stuff. He does publicity. The biggest issue though is not making appearances but what you can say."

Grey comes on screen "even moreso, it is a matter of what you do to beat back the enemy and show your cause is just. That will mean hitting the China factory and getting intel, or getting to the bottom of the Grant mess, or discrediting their law firm...something, some proof, some strategic leverage.

Meanwhile, I;m getting some scary reports out of Africa. The necromancer Ubunga-Na and his forces, after weeks of cutting down resistance in that area, and heavily backed by Barrington's forces and propoganda machine, has just declared Somalia, Kenya, Eritrea, and Sudan to now be the People's Nation of East Africa, with China's Red Dawn standing by his side. Their forces are already moving into Ethiopia, and Djibouti, which houses the main US base in Africa. This will likely set a trend. Barrington doesn't just have loyalty anymore, hes taking territory directly."

Victim

First Post
"Maybe we should just go there - battling against a war of conquest fought with undead doesn't sound bad. And it's no big deal if I lose control of power against zombies." We'll just have to run away again; it doesn't really matter where we go.

Elric

First Post
“I don’t know, Star. These might be head-shot zombies. If that’s the case, having precise control of your powers will be, well, pretty much essential.

I’m up for zombie undead-butt kicking. But first we need to figure out what kind of zombies they are. Head shot or non-head shot? Fast or slow? Cunning or brutish? Then, maybe we should rent a few appropriate movies to study tactics…”

Hammerhead

Explorer
Errant smiles at the joke. "If they are headshot zombies, then I think aim would be of greater use than control. Besides, Star's plasma can melt steel; I'm pretty sure it can provide complimentary cremation."

"For what it's worth, Africa sounds like a good place to go. This necromancer's army might be able to snowball into a ridiculously huge force as it kills more and more people."

Remove ads