• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread III

DM_Matt

First Post
The group gets there in time for her to wake. Red rolls away the curtain between her and Star.

Fortunately, Raven recognizes enough of you to not freak out. "Where am I? Where are the others?"

Victim

First Post
"You're in our secret base. I thought Daedalus had something to do with setting it up..." Star adds weakly, eyes downcast: "I heard they were captured too."

kirinke

First Post
"Maybe he did, but the league wasn't aware of it. How's the rest of the city?

"About as well as you'd expect. Which... Isn't." Hope said grimly. She gingerly sat down on a nearby seat. "We evacuated as soon as we got our hands on you, they were going to capture you as well if we hadn't." she looked sad. "I'm sorry. Freedom Hall..." she shook her head. "Self-destructed."

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
“Your android receptionist didn’t look so good either. Heck, until today I didn’t even know she was an android. At least she didn’t get killed or anything.”

DM_Matt

First Post
"About as well as you'd expect. Which... Isn't." Hope said grimly. She gingerly sat down on a nearby seat. "We evacuated as soon as we got our hands on you, they were going to capture you as well if we hadn't." she looked sad. "I'm sorry. Freedom Hall..." she shook her head. "Self-destructed."

“Your android receptionist didn’t look so good either. Heck, until today I didn’t even know she was an android. At least she didn’t get killed or anything.”

"Self-destructed? Good. That's how things were supposed to go under the circumstances. For now I'll be safe with Duncan Summers at Claremont. Its a shame about Cynthia...I mean, we can rebuild her and she's, uh, backed up, but she felt kinda real. Then again, there are better reasons to be sad. Whats the next step. Where can we go form here?"

G. Skylark

First Post
Discovering Mr. Grey loaded on her desktop, and having conversed with him, Skylark attempts to see what poking him with the mouse will do. And then double clicking. And then mouse dragging.

After that, going over the singularity-bomb files she idly wonders whether she can pull off that trick with her powers....

And then gets the call to the infirmary. So she floats over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric

"Oi!" Skylark whispers, scandalized. "Robots are people too! Well, some of 'em."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Hope seems to make everything into a big, dramatic production. And really, since I was the one who actually witnessed said self-destruct, you think it would be my news to break.

"She just woke up, Star," Errant responds. "And the last time I checked, your team just defeated several threats to Freedom City and managed to capture half the Crime League. So really, things are looking up," he comments optimistically.

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. My name's Errant, and I'm probably going to be working with these guys in the future," he adds, nodding his head towards the rest of the team.

"Hope and I were discussing a few of our strategic options. One idea was to seriously investigate the resident evil law firm for connections to Barrington, as well as a money trail. Then we have Wren's idea to go after our enemy's less protected supply chain and cripple that. Hitting his hidden production facility in China might be part of this tactic. Other targets to attack may include his recruitment centers or his connections to foreign governments."

"And, of course, we're going to have to deal with any public relations issue that might arise due to the death of Killer Bee."

Remove ads