• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread III

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic does, of course, inform his colleagues how Barrington projected the image, and quietly requests the Trust to see if they can find the satelite. If any reporters have questions, he makes himself available to answer them, but declines making a 'general statement'.

kirinke

First Post
Hope gets up, the loss and grief around her palpable and real. "If you wish to help, I will listen. I.... I cannot promise you vengence, but I can promise justice." her expression under her mask was grim and bleak. Barrington had to be stopped.

She makes her way towards the church and Archbishop Fairwell. It's rather obvious that she's not interested in making a statement to the press.

DM_Matt

First Post
Megan takes a few tenths to wipe her eyes and compose herself. Okay, don't freak out. And Apollo and Nitro chime in. Well, I thought I was doing this... Isn't anyone teleporting back? How is Nitro going to get back on his own? And Apollo... I sort of wanted to fly back myself, get some space. You're sort of distracting... I need to get this right - I've already screwed up enough. And don't cry.

"Even if Barrington was telling the truth about Thess's death not being under his orders, that still doesn't paint a very flattering picture of his activities." Star adds. "Spraying out a large number of poisoned darts means that you're not carefully controlling what size dose the target gets, which seems like it would lead to accidental ODs. Even if more normal drug problems like allergic reactions and interactions with other drugs have been taking care of."

"And what exactly did Barrington think would happen when he projected a solid seeming holograph into the church? It's very fortunate no one was hurt. I don't know exactly how his new device works, but I bet that if he can beam the image from space (I'm assuming Optic informed everyone else once the situation was chaotic), he can put it into the air so other people are out of the line of fire or make the image fuzzy so it's much harder to mistake for a real person."

"Accidents and carelessness shouldn't go together with large scale weather control and ecological modification," Star declares. "I think that developing nations deserve a better than being the testing ground for dangerous and experimental technologies. People have already done a lot of damage to the environment just incidentally, so the unintended consequences, especially in the long term, of messing with the climate deliberately with a global network could be disastrous."

"I'm not saying that we should outlaw those sorts of technologies or hide them away. But we should move with a bit of care and deliberation, and not just have weather control machines spread around the world by a handful of people who aren't living on the planet right now."

Star finishes, then seems a bit embarassed. Umm, that was sorta long. "Is there any thing else?"

"Ya know, that is quite interesting -- the question of side effects. I'm gunna get the network to consult some scientists about all that. No one in the press has really addressed it."

Apollo nods, "Yeah Barrington is showing his hand, he isn't trying to help people just manipulate them. He isn't interested in improving the plight of the little guy, just himself. You get more with honey then vinegar my ma would say and he is definitely spreading that honey around but do not be fooled, he is a ruthless criminal/terrorist world threat. I am running late for an appointment, but if you want a private exclusive and I can fill you in on whatever you like... contact my people."

Apollo hands her a card with his contact information.

"Ya know, I just might do that."

Nitro butts in. He notes that Laura Lewis is a stunning blond probably doesn't hurt her ability 'to get where other reporters can't'.

"Clearly Barrington was afraid to stay for a 'debate' because he has nothing to say. When you're a mass murderer trying to achieve world domination while trying to pretend that you're a disciple of Gandhi, it's pretty easy to get called out for BS and hard to keep up the act. It wouldn't have been a debate; it would be Barrington further revealed as the pond scum that he is."

"I'd like to ask you a bit more about your alleged government ties, but I think it could be good for everyone if we had an in-depth interview with a bunch of you...in prime time. Next week, maybe? It will give you guys the chance to defend yourselves in a more detailed fashion -- before a HUGE audience. I think it would be a great opportunity for you."

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
"I'd like to ask you a bit more about your alleged government ties, but I think it could be good for everyone if we had an in-depth interview with a bunch of you...in prime time. Next week, maybe? It will give you guys the chance to defend yourselves in a more detailed fashion -- before a HUGE audience. I think it would be a great opportunity for you."

Nitro's wrestler persona is back, but somewhat muted by the occasion.

"That would definitely be a better occasion for it. I can't deny any request to appear before a huge audience. Especially in prime time. Sounds great."

Victim

First Post
Apollo nods, "Yeah Barrington is showing his hand, he isn't trying to help people just manipulate them. He isn't interested in improving the plight of the little guy, just himself. You get more with honey then vinegar my ma would say and he is definitely spreading that honey around but do not be fooled, he is a ruthless criminal/terrorist world threat. I am running late for an appointment, but if you want a private exclusive and I can fill you in on whatever you like... contact my people."

Apollo hands her a card with his contact information.

"Ya know, I just might do that."

Star looks visibly uncomfortable. Private exclusive... :uhoh: And I don't like crowds either. She glances around at the stars and the reporter. I don't belong here. "I'll just let you work that out. Bye." Megan flies off, first heading out to sea, then going supersonic back to the base.

DM_Matt

First Post
Star looks visibly uncomfortable. Private exclusive... :uhoh: And I don't like crowds either. She glances around at the stars and the reporter. I don't belong here. "I'll just let you work that out. Bye." Megan flies off, first heading out to sea, then going supersonic back to the base.

(She meant viewing audience)

DM_Matt

First Post
Nitro's wrestler persona is back, but somewhat muted by the occasion.

"That would definitely be a better occasion for it. I can't deny any request to appear before a huge audience. Especially in prime time. Sounds great."

"Great. I'll have my people call Mr. Gold."

DM_Matt

First Post
(Lets get back on track. BTW, Psi Ki's palyer wound up not having time. She might show up again though later. Meanwhile, I got another replacement character)

Shortly after everyone gets back to HQ, each of you receive a text message "s-wing, mtg room, 5m. -w/b." When you arrive, Black, White, and Blue are already waiting, as well as two others -- a short brunette with glasses none of you have seen before, and a lanky man with a tag clearly indicating himself to be a member of Green division. Each seat, as before, has a screen mostly set into the table, but popping up a bit, a name screen on the back, a keyboard, and a dock for your phones. When you plug in, it automatically logs you in on the local machine and displays your name on the back. The Green division guy is Beta Green 8. The other is listed only as Chi Violet. The Chi designation is for special individuals not currently assigned to a superteam or non-super division.

Remove ads