• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread III

G. Skylark

First Post
Skylark wonders who Melina is. She didn't peg Nitro as the type to have just one girlfriend.

Three-letter agency, huh. "It'd be lovely to 'ave you wit' us, Mr. Errant. We're, erm, rather ill-suited for espionage and such."

"Cripes, wot are we all doing, meetin' in the infirmary? We should have a proper sit-down, with an agenda and tea and such. Sorry Star, do feel better. Oh, and we did manage to bring Raven back with us." Skylark grabs the vicodin and Tums she was looking for and floats out.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Leaving with Hope, Errant sits down in the commons area. "So things are always a little like that, huh," he asks glibly. "That must be great for team morale," he says, rolling his eyes.

"I don't really want to get involved, but it's pretty clear that Star doesn't trust your judgment, right?" Hell, she probably assumes you're wrong. So whenever you tell her that she's a hero, that she did the right thing, that there was no other way, young Star just might think the opposite," Errant points out.

"But enough of that unpleasantness. You say that you're all too high profile, but that's why you superheroes have secret identities in the first place. Obviously you can't go flying around China in your costumes, but I doubt that you'd draw any attention at all dressed in civilians. Hell, I doubt your enemies would even recognize you," Errant snorts. An optimistic judgment, at best, but we could probably make things work even if they got identified. Somehow.

"If you're serious about attacking Barrington, it's going to require some detective work. He's not going to just leave his soft targets around for anyone to find."

kirinke

First Post
Leaving with Hope, Errant sits down in the commons area. "So things are always a little like that, huh," he asks glibly. "That must be great for team morale," he says, rolling his eyes.

She chuckled, but it was humourless "Pretty much. Out of all of us, Star and I have the tendency to get hurt the worst. We've had worse verbal tussles, but that was the first time she's actually asked me to leave. Not that I blame her." she said tiredly.

"I don't really want to get involved, but it's pretty clear that Star doesn't trust your judgment, right?" Hell, she probably assumes you're wrong. So whenever you tell her that she's a hero, that she did the right thing, that there was no other way, young Star just might think the opposite," Errant points out.

"You're right about that in one way. Star has a tendency to think the worst of herself and it irritates the hell out of me. She could be so much more, if she had some confidence." she shook her head. "As for Star not trusting my judgement, right now, I can't blame her. I've screwed up majorly in the past few days, plus she has said right out she doesn't believe an Aegis agent should be involved as closely as I am with superheroes."

Hope raked her hand through her hair. "She sees the world in black and white and we both know that's not so simple." she smiled lopsidedly. "My own worldview has taken some hits too, so I kinda know where she's coming from and the reasons why she believes what she believes, even if I don't agree with her.

"My advice, be careful about killing anything on this team or at least if you have to, don't let Star see it." she smiled, but it was sad.

"But enough of that unpleasantness. You say that you're all too high profile, but that's why you superheroes have secret identities in the first place. Obviously you can't go flying around China in your costumes, but I doubt that you'd draw any attention at all dressed in civilians. Hell, I doubt your enemies would even recognize you," Errant snorts. An optimistic judgment, at best, but we could probably make things work even if they got identified. Somehow.
"If you're serious about attacking Barrington, it's going to require some detective work. He's not going to just leave his soft targets around for anyone to find."

"The problem is, especially with me, there just aren't that many weather controllers out there that can do what I do, the way I do it. I've been lucky no one has thought to put two and two together to get four, but I'm not sure how long that is going to last." she closed her eyes. "Plus, as an Aegis agent, I am high profile. You can bet the chinese are aware of who I am. A postcog like me.... would be a boon in certain circles." she looked at him knowingly. He was a spook. Having a postcog like her, who can give visions of the past to others in 3d, would be a tasty and valuable target to the unscrupluous.

She didn't want to be forced to give up the information other federal agents possessed and she could do that, simply by touching them and opening her mind to what they've done. What she did now, for Aegis and the trust with her postcognitive abilities was good and useful. What the chinese could do with her, what Barrington could do with her. Wasn't.

She chuckled. "And then there's Nitro. Right now with all the publicity we've been getting, there just isn't anyway we're gonna be able to disguise him."

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Star glares at Hope's back. It should have been you.

Megan groans and pulls out her phone, "Oh yeah, that girl... I think I missed that whole explanation thing while I was knocked out. She had something to do with the spores, right?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
"More?" Errant asks. "She's a superhero. The pay isn't as good, but it's pretty much right up there with being a doctor. Maybe life isn't as simple as black and white, but Captain Thunder doesn't kill the bad guys. Raven doesn't kill the bad guys. Centurion didn't. She's following the example of the people she probably respects the most, looks to for guidance. I don't kill people either, Hope; it's generally just as easy to take someone alive, and you can get a lot more information from them."

"Star has a point. I'm surprised you haven't quit already; it's clearly a conflict of interest. Plus, it jeopardizes the team's ability to work internationally when you have an American government agent on the payroll."

Errant rolls his eyes; Hope's ego was out of control. Surely she realized that the world did not, in fact, revolve around her. "So don't use your weather control powers when you're incognito, obviously. And I've never worried about either seeing the past or the future. Those kinds of things are inherently unreliable; when you can't control your powers, they end up controlling you. Why do you think guys like Foreshadow play in the minor leagues?"

Elric

First Post

Megan groans and pulls out her phone, "Oh yeah, that girl... I think I missed that whole explanation thing while I was knocked out. She had something to do with the spores, right?"

(Nitro fills in with what he knows, presumably aided by someone who knows and remembers more and more accurately, so that Star knows everything that's been revealed to the PCs so far).

"Cheerful stuff, ain't it? Cripes, as Skylark would say. Well, hope you feel better."

Victim

First Post
(Nitro fills in with what he knows, presumably aided by someone who knows and remembers more and more accurately, so that Star knows everything that's been revealed to the PCs so far).

"Cheerful stuff, ain't it? Cripes, as Skylark would say. Well, hope you feel better."

Star listens as Nitro explains, plus reviews the Trust's information on her phone. "Wow. And we were all exposed to that stuff? I was right next to that blimp full of spores when it exploded..." she turns to Red, "We weren't affected or anything right?"

"Thanks Nitro."

DM_Matt

First Post
Wren turns to Red, asking, "So, think there's any chance to check out what that queen tried to do withe me and try to make sure it doesn't happen to others?"

Red says I just finished the DNA test on it. Its VERY alien. I doubt anything like this evolved on earth. Something brought it here. I also am not so sure that regular medications like what Grant claims to have should do the job without some specific tailoring...unless he knew more than he's letting on.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads