• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread III

kirinke

First Post
She bit her lip and cautiously stretched out with her senses, trying to gauge whether or not this would be a good idea. She prayed this wouldn't be as traumatic as the first vision she had.

Please no demons, please no demons....

DM_Matt

First Post
She bit her lip and cautiously stretched out with her senses, trying to gauge whether or not this would be a good idea. She prayed this wouldn't be as traumatic as the first vision she had.

Please no demons, please no demons....

She has trouble getting a vision. This in itself says something though. Whatever is about to happen, it is extremely unlikely to involve th supernatural.

DM_Matt

First Post
"It's still a neural interface," Star complains, thiinking of Control Freak's threats in the simulation. Do you really think your safeguards are going to be sufficient against his power?

"So Optic will find the CIA guy with Grue DNA via his super vision, then we'll convince him to put us in touch with his agent..."

"Won't us being Westerners still be suspicious there?"

Yeah, Nitro, my power is so great; everything is working out wonderfully for me here... It's not underestimating myself; it's observation. And great, more trouble with Hope.

"Are we supposed to make an example of the factory, or should be try to hide our sabotage?"

"That's your call," White says. "Barrington has been Sigma Team's department, and you guys are the best of the best. Either way, we'll back your play."

Victim

First Post
And if we're not, then we'll just get killed sooner or later... She reverses her posture, leaning back just a little bit farther than the chair goes. "Just running around slagging stuff might be easier, but if we can compromise some components subtlely, then that might be our chance at getting to Otaku right now."

kirinke

First Post
She has trouble getting a vision. This in itself says something though. Whatever is about to happen, it is extremely unlikely to involve th supernatural.

The tension drains out of her body and she looks vaguely relieved about something. It... wasn't definate, but at least she would be dealing with demons or the outright supernatural. It tended to bring out the worst in her.

"Welll... Barrington tried to make a big play in Isreal, lookit how it turned out there. We don't want to go making his mistakes." she looked grim.

"Just busting in and throwing our powers around probably isn't smart. We don't... We don't want to kill the workers so, we're going to have to be waaay more careful this time than we've been in the past." her hands clenched and unclenched nervously. You don't know if she's speaking for herself or the group in general.

"I'm probably the last person that should be saying that, reminding everyone I mean, considering my past acts. But... I think I'm learning from my mistakes. I know we're all damned angry at Barrington, but...." she took a swing from her water bottle, easing her tight throat again. "What I did before was the heighth of selfishness. Vengence.... Isn't the answer, justice is. Let's.... um. Keep that in mind."

She said quietly, almost waiting from some snarky remark from Star or one of the others. If it's one thing she did learn from Vi, it was that.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
(Well, since you were asking for it... :))

"You're the only one who would interpret destroying a factory as doing something that would kill a bunch of people inside," Star returns. "It makes high tech stuff, so there's going to be plenty of expensive and difficult to replace things for us to break."

kirinke

First Post
(Well, since you were asking for it... :))

"You're the only one who would interpret destroying a factory as doing something that would kill a bunch of people inside," Star returns. "It makes high tech stuff, so there's going to be plenty of expensive and difficult to replace things for us to break."

Hope's mouth twitched, into a semblance of a smile. "No. I just mean we have to be much more careful than we have been and that we should all mind our tempers when we get there." she looked at the superheroine. "No collateral casualties at all."

At least Star is still snarky. I can live with that. If she wasn't, I'd be worried. she thought humourlessly. If anyone tried to replace her, that would be the first sign something isn't right. Star being nice to me.

G. Skylark

First Post
Nitro ponders. "Now that you mention it, I might need more disguise than usual. Assuming WWE China Edition was successful, and I never really paid attention to whether it was, I could have a billion fans who want autographs over there. It would take a long time to sign that many autographs and I think even my arm might get tired."

Skylark gives an exasperated look. "'eaven forfend yer fans might be disappointed."

Speaking more generally, "Fancy disguise or no, we should 'ave a cover story as to why we're nosing around. Even if we look like the locals, to be sure there'll be questions as to who we are and whot our business is about. Perhaps we're... industrial investors?"

She thinks for a moment, and realizes that she hasn't been introduced. "Oh, me name is Geraldine Skylark, by the by. Jus' call me Skylark. Physicist by trade. Got, er, gravity powers." She decides that in this instance, brevity is best. Or maybe she's just too shy.

G. Skylark

First Post
Hope's mouth twitched, into a semblance of a smile. "No. I just mean we have to be much more careful than we have been and that we should all mind our tempers when we get there." she looked at the superheroine. "No collateral casualties at all."

"If we're aiming for that, an' I agree that we should, I'm supposing it would make finding the agents on the ground all the more important. They might have an inkling as to when the factory men would be off." Skylark chomps on a Tums. "An' in accomplishing this, am I correct in thinking that we shouldn't be going bananas with our powers until we are in the process of bashing the factory to bits?"

Victim

First Post
"An' in accomplishing this, am I correct in thinking that we shouldn't be going bananas with our powers until we are in the process of bashing the factory to bits?

Star frowns sourly, "No flying? How long do you we think it would take to do this?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads