Superman & Lois

manduck

Explorer
Saw it and really enjoyed it. I'm a big Superman fan and I like what they did here. Plus it was fun to see all the little references to Superman in other media that they threw in. A really solid start and I look forward to more.

fba827

Adventurer
I was hesitating because the tone on the dc universe tv shows have been very hit or miss with me, but I enjoyed the premier episode and will watch a couple more before deciding if I’ll add it in to my tv rotation ;)

Dire Bare

Legend
Supporter
Just finished it, and . . . wow! This is a very different superhero show, with the focus on very grounded, family issues. Superman/Clark seems confident and assured when in the blue-and-red, but when at home with the family, he's struggling hard. I really enjoyed the pilot episode.

I'm already irritated with General Sam Lane . . . but then again, it's General Lane! I'm only a little bummed that the big villain is revealed at the end, I wouldn't have minded the mystery to be spread out a little . . . but in retrospect, it seems kinda obvious who it is.

Lana married a jerk! But a very human one whose given depth rather quickly, thank goodness.

To give an indication of where this is going, a major plot point revolves around reverse mortgages! And the reason behind it . . . very sweet, and tragic.

ccs

41st lv DM
To give an indication of where this is going, a major plot point revolves around reverse mortgages! And the reason behind it . . . very sweet, and tragic.
I really hope not as that's a problem that Superman could absolutely solve before the 1st commercial break.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It was okay, and while the focus on the grown ups was refreshing it did have enough teenage angst to mark it as a CW offering. The whole family love v evil bank mortgage plot provides a good Hallmark drama context in which to extend the superman story, though I do hope the boys anxieties doesnt become a story crutch. Exactly who this version of the villain is could be interesting (its got a multiverse vibe)

Suprising how quickly Supes was able to deal with kryptonite in his system though

Ryujin

Hero
I very much enjoyed the first episode. I'll likely continue to do so, as long as they don't start dragging the other Arrowverse shows into the mix.

Dire Bare

Legend
Supporter
I very much enjoyed the first episode. I'll likely continue to do so, as long as they don't start dragging the other Arrowverse shows into the mix.
Eventually they will . . . probably. But for me, that's a plus! I love the cross-over episodes!

Ryujin

Hero
There was a crossover event once a year.
That involved more than one show. Have a character from another show appear in a different show an that's fine. Tie things into a show that I'm not watching, because I don't like it (or have given up on it), and that doesn't entice me to watch it again. It puts me off the show that I have been watching. That's just me. You do you ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That involved more than one show. Have a character from another show appear in a different show an that's fine. Tie things into a show that I'm not watching, because I don't like it (or have given up on it), and that doesn't entice me to watch it again. It puts me off the show that I have been watching. That's just me. You do you ;)
OK.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The continual cross-over episodes were why I ended up dropping the Arroverse shows from my viewing list.

In my case I only tuned in for the crossovers, the continual angst of the rest of the shows is what turn me off watching the weekly offerings (and the injustice done to Mr Terrific by making him incompetent)

GreyLord

Hero
With the crossovers I bought a blu-ray set of Arrow and it almost always had the entire crossover thing in it. I generally just watched the crossover things so I checked the blu-ray things to see if it had the crossover episodes included in the set.

I get to watch it a year after everyone, but I also get to watch it at my leisure. It is also nice to have the entire crossover in one place.

An Advertisement

Advertisement4