• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superman Trailer

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
I haven't seen any discussion of the trailer that was hosted here: http://www.bennie-music.com/SR.mov.

It only seems to be intermittently available - I suspect it's a bandwidth issue, but I was lucky enough to download a copy. :D

Just interested in whether anyone saw it and what they thought...

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Just downloaded it. I have to say that the old Superman theme song is still stirring, and it created some anticipation for me. But aside from that, there wasn't really anything to see in the trailer. It lists Kevin Spacey (before Brandon Routh, even,) but didn't show him, nor more than a snippet of Supes himself.

And I still can't stand that plastic super-S on the new suit. :\

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Interesting. Hard to tell from the trailer for sure, but it almost looks like they're going back to the original movie for the story/inspiration (crystalline Kryptonian ship, Jonathan Kent dead- at least that's the impression I get). Then, of course, there's the music.

It was intriguing enough for me to want to see more, but I'm withholding any real judgement for now. Routh does look a bit dorky as Clark Kent, and we really don't see him as Superman much, but I could see how his dorky downplayed look could work as a disguise.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Hrm. I seem to remember a rumor going around that something in smallvill was gonna have a direct effect on the movie......

I guess that wasn't true.

Bront

The man with the probe
I had thought that they were picking up after Superman II from the origional movies, and branching off from there.

I'll have to check out the trailor, but the pics I've seen of the new superman uni just turn me off.

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
Yeah. That's certainly what I've been reading. I suspect that anything that looks pre-Superman is a flashback of some sort and he seems to be full grown in that brief shot of the space capsule thing. Speculative spoiler:
I had read that he had been away from earth for a number of years, possibly visiting the site of Krypton, and I'm guessing that the capsule thing would be some sort of spaceship.

fett527

First Post
I went and watched Singer's video journal. Pretty cool. There is an image of the costume (I know there have been others) and it does look like the 'S' is quite small. I'll reserve judgment though. Pretty exciting movie!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmmm.... I found it kinda boring. Is there any way to tell if it's genuine and not just a fan made thing from various clips and snippets?

Remove ads