• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superman Trailer

Sir Brennen

Legend
ddvmor said:
Yeah. That's certainly what I've been reading. I suspect that anything that looks pre-Superman is a flashback of some sort and he seems to be full grown in that brief shot of the space capsule thing. Speculative spoiler:
I had read that he had been away from earth for a number of years, possibly visiting the site of Krypton, and I'm guessing that the capsule thing would be some sort of spaceship.
Yeah, I've heard that mentioned before, I don't really think it's much of a spoiler. Even in the clip:

"Did you find what you were looking for?"
"There was nothing there but a graveyard. I'm the only one left."

But if this happens right after Smallville, then when do the first Superman movies take place?

But if this happens right after Smallville, then when do the first Superman movies take place?

It's my understanding that this doesn't take place after Smallville, but roughly after Superman II as someone posted above. I think the scenes at the Kent farm are either a flashback or part of his time in exile (see the newspaper headline that trumpets "Man of Steel is Back").

That looks like pure fan creation. Look at the credits at the end. They capitalize Spacey's name and do Routh's name in normal type? Either DC really disrespects Brandon Routh or some fan got a little careless with the After Effects.

fett527

First Post
Morrus said:
Hmmm.... I found it kinda boring. Is there any way to tell if it's genuine and not just a fan made thing from various clips and snippets?

Links on the SciFi news page to Singer's Video Journal I mentioned before. There are snippets of the trailer in that Video Journal that are exactly the same. I was skeptical too, but the SciFI news page here is always the first place to look. :D

Chorn

First Post
Morrus said:
Hmmm.... I found it kinda boring. Is there any way to tell if it's genuine and not just a fan made thing from various clips and snippets?
It's a fanmade teaser. Take a look around SuperheroHype's message boards and you'll find a few links here and there to various fanmade teasers assembled from the ComicCon footage that is shown in the video diaries. I must say that this is one of the better ones since the footage is very nicely matched to the theme.

Continuity wise the movie is a semi-sequel to the first two movies. Probably the best way to think of it IMO to liken it to DC's Hypertime concept. Assume a vague continuity unless it otherwise clashes with something in the new movie.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Chorn said:
Continuity wise the movie is a semi-sequel to the first two movies. Probably the best way to think of it IMO to liken it to DC's Hypertime concept. Assume a vague continuity unless it otherwise clashes with something in the new movie.
I find this concept clunky and confusing. Far better to either stick to continuity, or jettison it altogether (as was the case with Batman Begins.) Otherwise they're going to need to add a disclaimer to the beginning of the film, explaining to moviegoers which parts of the previous Superman movies do and don't apply.

You know...

I have to agree with others. I still get chills, and a huge grin, when I hear that music. :)

The footage is less than informative. Everything it shows looks right to me, but it doesn't show much.

I'm awaiting this one with cautious optimism.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads