Superman's secret ID revealed

Black Omega

First Post
Klaus said:
Just a couple of clarifications:

2 - John Byrne explained that Clark hunches forward a bit, combs his hair back, wear deep-lensed glasses and speaks in a much softer tone than Superman. The result is a completely different visual, like Robert de Niro usually do in his movies. Add to that the fact that no one thinks that Supes has a secret id, and the illusion is cast. during the Byrne run, Supes used a trick that Jay Garrick (Flash I) came up with, and constantly blurred his face to avoid photographs, so no one knew the exact details of his face.
This reminds me of something. I could have sworn it was during Byrne's run where Superman's powers became a little telekinetic or something,but wasn't it implied he had a mental effect that made him seem thinner or something? I recall a scene showing a sketch of Clark Kent and he looked totally different than what the reader sees. Or could be my mind playing tricks...

Klaus

First Post
That was during the late 70's Superman stories when they gave Supes powers for everything. After the 1986 reboot, that power was removed. Since then, it has been super-acting (maybe Clark was part of the Drama Club in Smallville High)!

Remove ads