• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suping up a construct

gwyllgi

First Post
As I said in my post, the D20 Past sourcebook.

However, I would look at Improvised Weapon damage in Complete Warrior page 159.

Colossal should do 80d6 or something.

What about range? has anyone ever found by how much a weapon's range increases as it goes up in size/

gwyllgi

First Post
okay, slightly mor profound update.

While trollin through Savage species i discovered a in depth explanation on weapon reach & damage increase as they gain size.

Now I may have already explained this but the first plan i had was to give the Iron colossus levels as a gunsling from PF and have him wield a six shooter rifle, which has the same stats as a normal rifle but with the ability to fire off 6 shots before requiring a reload. (the reasoning behind why i couldn't use one is the same reasoning behind why Ipods didn't exist in the 50's too much space).

so a quick side question I don't know if anyone is baised against pathfinder but i want to know based on core stats alone which is better?

the Paizo Rifle
DMG(M)////DMG(C)///Crit///Range(M)/Range(C)
1d10///////6d8////////x4 ///80/////////195

or the WOTC rifle (which came from Dragon 321, so technically Paizo Rifle Classic)
DMG(M)/DMG(C)//Crit///Range(M)//////Range(C)
1d12////8d6///////x3////200////////////487

As for his transformed state
Now the only question is do i stick with the fiend's mouth's
DMG(H)/DMG(C)///Crit///Range(H)/Range(C)
8d6////16d6///////x4/////150///////363

or the Heavy bombard's?
DMG(G)/DMG(C)///Crit///Range(G)/Range(C)
9d6////18d6?//////x4/////200///////487

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
how is that calculated in the case of the iron colossus.
BAB is +72. That's 96 HD at the 3/4 BAB progression.

STR is 80, so that's a STR mod of, what... um...

10=+0
20=+5
30=+10
40=+15
50=+20
60=+25
70=+30

...80=+35?

72+35 should = 107.

I wonder if the Size is factored in as a penalty, assuming the +99 Attack is against a medium sized creature. Is it a -8 penalty for a Colossal sized creature to hit a Medium sized creature? That could be about right, I don't usually work with critters that big.

EDIT: Yup, -8 penalty for Colossal Creature hitting a Medium Sized.

...So, 72+35-8= 99

Last edited:

Remove ads