Survey (A5E) Survey Results: Fighter

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thank you to the many, many people who provided survey feedback for our proposed advanced fighter class. Here’s a quick look at what the data said.

Overall, the response was very positive, and shows that we are on the right track. Some elements can be tweaked and improved, with only a few things that you categorically disliked. The main thing there was minor advantage/disadvantage. This shows that the playtest process is working as intended, as we’re getting very useful data back and incorporating it into our development work.

Generally….

You were very positive about
  • Your overall impression of the class
  • Having meaningful character choices at every level
  • Exploration pillar abilities
  • Overall combat Traditions and Maneuvers
  • You felt the class was very balanced
You were ambivalent about
  • Wanting extra support for mounted combat
While you were very negative about
  • Minor advantage/disadvantage
Specifically…

You were very positive about
  • Steely Mein: Watchful Eye
  • Exploration: Mountaineer
  • Exploration: Nightwatch
  • Exploration: Extreme Leap
  • Steely Mein: Dangerous Aura
You were generally positive about
  • Martial Lore: Evaluate Technique
  • Martial Lore: Weapon Lore
  • Steely Mein: Closed Helm
You were ambivalent about
  • Exploration: Amphibious Combatant
  • Exploration: Burst of Strength
  • Exploration: Campaigner
  • Losing Second Wind and Action Surge
And you very much disliked
  • Martial Lore: Arms Merchant
Other Comments

We do have more data regarding individual maneuvers, but that’s too much detail to go into in this blog post. However, your general (not specific to individual items) comments can be largely grouped as follows:
  • Lots of you told us we’d done a good job. Thank you!
  • There was a feeling that maneuvers relied to much on granting advantage or minor advantage
  • There was a feeling amongst a smaller segment that there were too many maneuvers
Continue reading...

Stalker0

Legend
My only note is that you do need to extend the window if you want more direct play test feedback.

I finally got a player and the right session to try out the new fighter for next week...but the survey window is over.

it takes time to incorporate play test material into an existing game and try it out. Some people may only game every few weeks. A few week survey is a pretty short time

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Its always fun when your preferences align with those seen in the survey's results. Yeah!

Cant wait for the rogue; them and fighters always were my favorite and I'm getting a cool 4e vibe from the playtest design goal, so I'm sure I wont be disappointed.

Good work.

Horwath

Legend
Its always fun when your preferences align with those seen in the survey's results. Yeah!

Cant wait for the rogue; them and fighters always were my favorite and I'm getting a cool 4e vibe from the playtest design goal, so I'm sure I wont be disappointed.

Good work.

fighter was stepping little on rogues and ranges toes with exploration tricks.

We'll see if they have something special for rogue/ranger to feel more special.
Especially more than 5E ranger.

Remove ads