• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor 5e Monstrosities (A-G) - Displacer Beast avoids being hit and wins!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
BOO! HISS!! Why bother going through all this? Wasn't it 99% expected the Displacer Beast would win.

Very disappointed for your lack of vision. ;)
I tried to get Carrion Crawler into the finals too :)
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I wanted the Carrion Crawler to win, because it's my favorite (and almost as iconic). But alas. The weird stinky swamp-cow was supposed to be more interesting? Somehow?

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Then why bother having it??? Or voting for that matter???
What's popular can change. From the original list, even though I entered this race late, I liked Death Dog, Carrion Crawler and Displacer Beast. In that order. Maybe next time one of those makes it farther than Displacer Beast does. Maybe a different options makes it to the end and none of those make it.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
What's popular can change. From the original list, even though I entered this race late, I liked Death Dog, Carrion Crawler and Displacer Beast. In that order. Maybe next time one of those makes it farther than Displacer Beast does. Maybe a different options makes it to the end and none of those make it.
I liked the Gynosphinx, then the Griffin, then the Bulette, then anything but insects, worms, and paralyzers, and finally either the Behir or the Displacer Beast (I didn't have to choose between them ultimately). That's how it goes really...

@dnd4vr regarding the question "Why bother" to me the journey is more interesting than the outcome. The outcome is as you say pretty much determined. But it's neat to see how some things surge up in votes, but then ultimately get taken down. And other things get no attention, and then get a surge up or get knocked down fast. I find the ebb and flow interesting.
It would be cool to see this graphically visualized over time.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I liked the Gynosphinx, then the Griffin, then the Bulette, then anything but insects, worms, and paralyzers, and finally either the Behir or the Displacer Beast (I didn't have to choose between them ultimately). That's how it goes really...

@dnd4vr regarding the question "Why bother" to me the journey is more interesting than the outcome. The outcome is as you say pretty much determined. But it's neat to see how some things surge up in votes, but then ultimately get taken down. And other things get no attention, and then get a surge up or get knocked down fast. I find the ebb and flow interesting.
It would be cool to see this graphically visualized over time.
I did a ton of these when Lowkey did them. Even though categories got duplicated, the journey was always different and the outcomes varied as well. The same prior category winner didn't always win future contests.

Remove ads