D&D 5E Survivor Iconic Artifacts: Sword of Kas WINS

Calminor

First Post
Axe of the Dwarvish Lords 10
Rod of Seven Parts 12-2=10
Sword of Kas 10+1=11

I will never understand everyone's love of the broken stick. At least the axe is regal, if not really specific.

I will never understand everyone's love of the broken stick. At least the axe is regal, if not really specific.
I think it's because the Rod of Seven Parts has one of the most developed back stories of any D&D artifact. The Queen of Chaos, the Battle of Pesh, the Wind Dukes of Aaqa, Miska the Wolf-Spider, etc. It's history in D&D stretches back to the mid-70s, before 1E/AD&D even.

Calminor

First Post
I think it's because the Rod of Seven Parts has one of the most developed back stories of any D&D artifact. The Queen of Chaos, the Battle of Pesh, the Wind Dukes of Aaqa, Miska the Wolf-Spider, etc. It's history in D&D stretches back to the mid-70s, before 1E/AD&D even.

Fair enough, and way to ruin my smear campaign :)

However, the rod of seven parts is a prop used in other people's schemes (miska is still trapped and cannot influence the weilders it seems). The sword of Kas is a character that convinced Kas to betray Vecna and is powerful enough to sever the hand and eye from the lich. There is something truly rich in the 'villain's' sword actually being the antagonist of the story that caused the collapse of kingdoms.

Remove ads