• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Survivor Thread: Animated Fantasy Movies--Hobbit Wins!

dave2008

Legend
True, but as classic as Naussica was, I don't think it rivals either Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away.

Howl's Moving Castle was good, but doesn't hold a candle to any of the above three.

I actually prefer Naussica to Princess Mononoke, quite a bit actually. Perhaps nostalgia has clouded my vision though. I saw the orginial US release in the theater in the mid-'80s. Very formative time for my young self. Honestly they all share basically the same themes and great movies. I would rank them as follows:

1) Spirited Away
2) Naussica
3) Princes Mononoke

Sacrosanct

Legend
I actually prefer Naussica to Princess Mononoke, quite a bit actually. Perhaps nostalgia has clouded my vision though. I saw the orginial US release in the theater in the mid-'80s. Very formative time for my young self. Honestly they all share basically the same themes and great movies. I would rank them as follows:

1) Spirited Away
2) Naussica
3) Princes Mononoke

Naussica is my favorite, but I admit that's largely due to nostalgia because I saw it first, and when I was younger.

Remove ads