• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SVGames SUCKS!

I purchased and downloaded a product from them several months back. It was an old DL product I wanted for the excellant maps inside.

That product was HORRIBLE. They took a large 2' x 3' map and broke it up into 8x11 scans with no thought to properly using space and to make things worse they scanned it in at a bright yellow color. So they were nearly impossible to use or print out.

Well that put me off for a while but today I decided to give them another try.

I just downloaded the Die Vecna Die module from them and the damn file format is corrupt.

Are these guys incompetent or what?!?

johnsemlak

First Post
To some degree you may be shooting the messenger. SVgames is just a vendor, AFAIK. I believe Bastion Press is responsible for doing the scans for ESDs

The corrupted file might be a problem with SVgames, however.

You can post queries about the ESDs at the mortality.net forums in Bastion Press's section.

There are some ESD problems but I've always got them solved eventually. I agree, however, that sometimes the maps are scanned in a poor fashion.

Try emailing SVgames about the corrupted file. They have always answered my queries.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I downloaded the Temple of Elemental Evil from them and it's in fine shape. The maps are legibile and the products is great. Now the Tomb of Horrors .pdf is another story. It's just scanned so light that It's hard to read. I'll have to print it with a high contrast or something.

It is just sheer laziness on their part.

When I downloaded the product this morning it saved as a .1 file.

What the heck is a .1 file? I assumed it was actually a PDF and renamed it but that still did not work.

BTW, I do not think I am shooting the messenger. If you are willing to sell a product then you should stand by it. Whether you manufactured it or not.

Drawmack

First Post
DocMoriartty said:
It is just sheer laziness on their part.

When I downloaded the product this morning it saved as a .1 file.

What the heck is a .1 file? I assumed it was actually a PDF and renamed it but that still did not work.

BTW, I do not think I am shooting the messenger. If you are willing to sell a product then you should stand by it. Whether you manufactured it or not.

sounds to me like this is a split file, double check the site and make sure there are not multiple parts to the file.

Drawmack said:

sounds to me like this is a split file, double check the site and make sure there are not multiple parts to the file.

Nope I downloaded the file a 2nd time to make sure the download didnt screw up and I checked to make sure there wasnt something else to download.

There isnt. This is the only download for this product.

No you are right. There are 3 other files to download. Unfortunately when you purchase the product they only give you the one link. You have to go back to the main product description and happen to check the very bottom to see that there are additional downloads.

Last edited:

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
DocMoriartty said:

A .1 file is one portion of a WinSplit file (look around on SVGames' Web site for the free WinSplit program). You should have gotten a link to the other part(s) of the file.

When I downloaded a couple split ESDs from SVGames, I remember it being very straightforward (though the download did take a while). Sorry to hear you have been confused by the whole process.

[EDIT: Never mind.]

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
When files are split in multiple parts, you download the .1 part and only the .1 part right after the purchase.

The .2, .3 and subsequent parts must be downloaded from the product's page. Under the product's description, there will be links to download all parts except the first. Of course, without the first part, they are useless.

You must use Winsplit, also available from their ESDs page and from any ESD product page, to join them. Winsplit is fairly straightforward to use.

It's a bit a clunky system sincerely. I would just have them be a single huge file and tell people to use getright or something. Or at least, in the post-purchase page where you download the .1 file, they should give a link to the .2 and subsequent files.

Marius Delphus said:

A .1 file is one portion of a WinSplit file (look around on SVGames' Web site for the free WinSplit program). You should have gotten a link to the other part(s) of the file.

When I downloaded a couple split ESDs from SVGames, I remember it being very straightforward (though the download did take a while). Sorry to hear you have been confused by the whole process.

I figured it out. The problem is like any online purchase you go through about 6 full screens to make the purchase. Well on the very last screen they only have a link to the first file and no note that there are other files to download.

So you have to go back to page 1 even though you wouldnt have any reason to go back there and look.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads