switching between accounts..

ObsoleteAccount_2

First Post
Hi... if have connected three logins to each other. (why does enter not go to next line...grrrr? a IE9 problem? or...?) and i wonder how i quickly can swap between the accounts. some sites have a dropdown next to the user name. (enter) I also noticed that connecting accounts does not grant the same level of usage. (enter) new accounts are 'new' and not 0 posts, but no ads for silver subscriber. (as example)

funny... logged in with chrome and now i can
enter
text to the next line. hmmm.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We are, unfortunately, not Google. You can only be logged into one account per browser at a time. In order to switch accounts, you have to log out and then log in with the second account.

You could, for example, have Chrome and Firefox running, and have each logged into a different account.

ObsoleteAccount_2

First Post
LOL... no.. You misunderstand... i dont want to be logged in multiple times.. i want o be able to switch (as i can with vBulleting board: http: // plothook.net/RPG )

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think I understand just fine. So far as I am aware, being able to switch quickly between accounts (say, Google-style) is not one of our features. I don't know if it is a feature inherent to vBulletin, as that other site may be using an extra hack or module we don't have.

Therefore, I'm trying to tell you how you might be able to get something similar, if not exactly the same - you want to quickly flip back and forth between accounts? Have two different browsers, one logged into each. To switch between accounts, you then just switch browser windows.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Actually, you can switch accounts you've linked together using the quick account switcher which is in the navbar somewhere. Using my phone on a train, I can't be more specific right now.

ObsoleteAccount_2

First Post
thats the problem. i've connected the accounts and the text said ''easy to switch'', but there is no switch option.
As i see it now there is no reason et all to switch between accounts since there is obviously no connection with the actual account. Not going to watch advertisements when i have switched to the account that i probably would use the most.

LOL... i'm making a point of it, but since i have no game running here i better let it rest. I'm sure that when it's possible it will show up somewhere in the navbar. (it probably is native to the vBulletin as a drop down next to the login name)

btw. its good to see that there is a response :) thanks for that :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, that's news to me! You know, Morrus, maybe as things are changing, we ought to keep a log of features somewhere?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, that's news to me! You know, Morrus, maybe as things are changing, we ought to keep a log of features somewhere?

We had that on the old board, too - I don't think we ever used it though. I didn't. I know that much!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's some screenshots from the documentation.

screenshot04.pngscreenshot01.pngscreenshot02.pngscreenshot03.png

Last edited:

ObsoleteAccount_2

First Post
sooooo
does this mean that this will be implementend (or whatever it is called these days)?
if so... please make sure that the roles are the same. So... me, the user can use the forum with all his privileges and still have different identities. It would annoy (yeah i know 9 posts... what am i talking about...) me if i have to play as a dungeonmaster called paulfijma and not as my alter ego Akimotos, or join a game with my dm account and not the character identity i want to be.

Remove ads