Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide: The First Official D&D 5E Setting

Yes, it is new, I was just creating a thread for it myself.

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
Color me excited! I'm a little surprised this announcement wasn't saved for GenCon. Makes me wonder what Wizards has up their sleeve for August.

CrusaderX

First Post
Yay! More product! I'll definitely be buying this.

The lead character on the cover art looks like a Swashbuckler to me. I hope the official subclass presented here has the kinks worked out of it from the Unearthed Arcana version.

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
Not that excited. I for one had hopes on books that were entire settings. Not only that, but that area of the world has like . . . a bunch of sourcebooks. But I guess the realms does as well. Personally, I would have rather seen a general world guidebook, with huge sections of races and subraces, backgrounds, subclasses, and then updated details on the different regions, deities, and history.

Irennan

Explorer
I've been waiting for an update on the Realms since the end of the Sundering series. This won't cover it all, but it is something.

I really want to see a Sword Dancer of Eilistraee option in the book: Eilistraee has been confirmed to be alive in the present era by Ed Greenwood, and I've always really liked her and the concept of an elegant, dancing sword wielder that can cast spells through song.

collin

Explorer
I am looking forward more to the new gaming material than the actual setting. Not sure if I would call Sword Coast a setting; it's more like a sub-setting, but I won't quibble about the details. Very interested in looking at this book when it comes out.

justinj3x3

Banned
Banned
I may not buy it because it's Realms stuff, but I may buy it for the character options. Either way I'm happy to see WOTC release an actual product and I don't have to wonder if they are ever going to do anything besides the core stuff!!

greylurk

Explorer
I don't mind having a bit more "focus" in the campaign settings instead of trying to document the piles and piles of Realms lore in one big huge hardcover. Just covering Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, and the rest of the Sword Coast is better than trying to wedge in all the lore around Anauroch, Thay, Mulorhand, Chult and Abier-Toril into one book.

Remove ads

Remove ads