Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide: The First Official D&D 5E Setting

Yes, it is new, I was just creating a thread for it myself.

Oh Morrus, I'm being positive and happy here. Do we really need to start debating about how all the products besides the core books DM screen and starter set were outsourced.

I'll rephrase....

That occurred to me too, but after a year it's good to see WOTC put out ANYTHING without it being outsourced.

Is that better?

And you knew exactly what I meant.

But this book is outsourced too, so maybe Morrus didn't know what you meant. I didn't. Like every book apart from the Core 3, this is being done by a Third party (Green Ronin in this case).

But I did not see this coming, and I am very keen. We are enjoying running around the realms at the moment, so more the merrier. Hopefully it also means new worlds will open up one day!

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm happy using the 3e FR setting material I already own, so I don't really need this.

Plus, I was planning on going from FR, which our current game is set in, to Primeval Thule for the next campaign, and that was before they announced the 5e version of the setting. That sealed the deal.

justinj3x3

Banned
Banned
What's the problem? GR is a fine RPG company. Not personally a fan of the AGE system, but that's not an issue here.

No that's a combo face palm towards me being dumb and not reading thoroughly in my excitement and thinking Morrus and I were having that old debate about WOTC releasing product. And a little about it being outsourced but I'm glad it's something other than an AP so I'm just going to live with it. Nothing against GR.

Barantor

Explorer
I'm happy using the 3e FR setting material I already own, so I don't really need this.

Plus, I was planning on going from FR, which our current game is set in, to Primeval Thule for the next campaign, and that was before they announced the 5e version of the setting. That sealed the deal.

This is my boat as well.

Although there are plenty of folks that like FR and the bucket o' fantasy that it is, I am not a fan.

I don't see any subclasses that intrigue me in there either, so that doubles down the pass.

Remove ads

Remove ads