Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide: The First Official D&D 5E Setting

Yes, it is new, I was just creating a thread for it myself.

Benji

First Post
I have NO IDEA how to feel about this product. It's seems good but if it's all they ever release for the realms - nothing else and it turns out to be as advert focused as Dragon+ I'm gonna be pissed. If it's 'We've done everything in the sword coast now, here's a book, our next adventure will be in another part of the realms/another setting' then I'm happy.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
For me, it matters how much space is dedicated to PC options. For a $40 book, I want 40 pages of bring-to-the-table PC options. Less than that, and I expect I'll pass, gaming happily with the free pdf supplements that have been releasing.

Henry

Autoexreginated
HOLY :):):):)! A setting! Something I might could use!

Gotta check this out. Between the Demons stoeyline and this, could be TWO WotC things i'm getting this fall.

Benji

First Post
Also, (sorry to post this after) I feel like if we all buy this Wizards/hasbro won't go 'They want settings/splat' but will instead go 'tying it into video games is working!' which is not my motivation for buying the book.

Henry

Autoexreginated
A year? They've put out 6 hardcovers and a boxed set in 10 months. And licensed two DM screens and a bunch of card sets. Another hardcover in a couple of weeks. Then this is also coming, too, in November! Loads of stuff! :)

As far as support goes, I really don't count the core 3 books, so my happiness comes at them putting put a support product that actually deals with the three years of changes they've been hinting around but avoiding until now. It was lack of this very book why my FR 5e game was set in the 3e campaign material, because I didn't feel like I had enough support to do a post-sundering Realms proper treatment.

Dargrimm

First Post
Why the complaining? It is a sourcebook with new characters options and updating the region of the Realms they are currently using (which makes a lot of sense). I'm actually really excited about this book and I will probably get it.

I understand many of us wanted a book covering the full of the Realms but to make a book such big the crunch, probably, would be need to be kept to a minimum, and fluff we have a-plenty for the Forgotten Realms. A book focused on a smaller area will get more content and be more detailed. And seeing that all their releases are based on the Sword Coast, it makes a lot of sense to make book detailing (and updating) the area.

Will that mean we will be getting similar books in other areas of the Realms? I don't know but it would be awesome if they did it.

For now, I'm really happy this is coming soon.

Fildrigar

Explorer
THIS JUST IN....

.....WIZARDS ANNOUNCES A SETTING BOOK.....

.....PEOPLE STILL NOT SATISFIED......

...."It's not the exact thing I wanted," SAYS AREA MAN, "I wanted it [set in a different world/actually written by Wizards/to cover an entire continent in excruciating detail]"....

....FILM AT ELEVEN....

Remove ads

Remove ads