• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide: The First Official D&D 5E Setting

Yes, it is new, I was just creating a thread for it myself.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
I'm afraid I've been over the realms for a few years already, all the sundering stuff, etc, it's too kitchen sink overdone for me. My next campaign will be in Thule, or possibly Ravenloft or homebrew.

I'll be interested to see the PC options, however.

Osgood

Hero
It's about darn time! I can't stand the Forgotten Realms, but they certainly won't put out another setting until they do the Realms. Here's hoping for Eberron next.

My personal dislike of the setting aside, I'm sure there will be plenty of character options that can be used or adapted for other settings. The lack of new options has been the number one complaint from my group since about a month after the PHB was released.

Last edited by a moderator:

exile

First Post
This pleases me. D&D has lost me as the avid consumer I once was, but this is the kind of product that I am happy to see.

GobiWon

Explorer
Purple Dragon Knight? That worries me. That really should not be in a book about the Sword Coast. Will we see Adventurer's Guides for the rest of the Realms? This feels like a trial balloon to convince Hasbro that there is a demand for these books. I think there will be a lot of stuff in this that feels like it should be in an overview and not in a region specific guide. I feel like we will maybe end up with three or four of these for the Realms and one for each of the other settings if we are lucky. With that said I will buy this simply to see an update to and overview of what has been happening in the Realms.

Purple Dragon Knight? That worries me. That really should not be in a book about the Sword Coast. Will we see Adventurer's Guides for the rest of the Realms? This feels like a trial balloon to convince Hasbro that there is a demand for these books. I think there will be a lot of stuff in this that feels like it should be in an overview and not in a region specific guide. I feel like we will maybe end up with three or four of these for the Realms and one for each of the other settings if we are lucky. With that said I will buy this simply to see an update to and overview of what has been happening in the Realms.

Why should the Purple Dragon Knight not be in the book.

ChapolimX

Explorer
I was expecting a tradicional Forgotten Realms Campaing Setting book but I might end up liking this.

Purple Dragon Knight? That worries me. That really should not be in a book about the Sword Coast. Will we see Adventurer's Guides for the rest of the Realms? ...

I would like to know more about that. The Purple Dragon Knight thing is giving me an awkward feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads