Sword Coast Legends DM Tools - Twitch Event Recap

neobolts

Explorer
[MENTION=65244]neobolts[/MENTION] Thanks for gathering this info on the DM Tools!

EDIT: Btw, if you watch the E3 campaign creation video it confirms the following map tile sets: mountains, grasslands, swamp, underdark.

Any further word on campaign creation and storytelling?

For example, can the DM create cut scenes, change camera orientation, or zoom in for conversations? Or are you locked into a single isometric perspective?

Another example, how does it look when a DM "speaks" thru an NPC using Sword Coast Legends? Is it strictly text that appears? Do you hear the DM's voice? Or something else entirely?

I have not seen anything suggesting any of the cinematic elements you mention (doesn't mean they don't have them). I am also curious if they use a voice client. There's some sort of system where modules are shared online. I think you can have the players run something you created without you even being there.

tl,dr: Probably not. It's a module-maker first, and a real-time DM tool second.

Quickleaf

Legend
I have not seen anything suggesting any of the cinematic elements you mention (doesn't mean they don't have them). I am also curious if they use a voice client. There's some sort of system where modules are shared online. I think you can have the players run something you created without you even being there.

tl,dr: Probably not. It's a module-maker first, and a real-time DM tool second.

Ah, that's what I was thinking too. Thanks :)

This is the first I've heard about there being a module sharing system online. That should be very interesting! Was that from the Twitch event?

neobolts

Explorer
Ah, that's what I was thinking too. Thanks :)

This is the first I've heard about there being a module sharing system online. That should be very interesting! Was that from the Twitch event?

They've talked about pick up sessions with a stranger as your DM (and how you could still have a good experience due to DM threat system) and I feel like they talked about running something another player made. From that I'm inferring done sorry of lobby/matchmaking, and some sort of module community (Steam Workshop, perhaps).

Quickleaf

Legend
They've talked about pick up sessions with a stranger as your DM (and how you could still have a good experience due to DM threat system) and I feel like they talked about running something another player made. From that I'm inferring done sorry of lobby/matchmaking, and some sort of module community (Steam Workshop, perhaps).

Have you seen any mention of whether custom made modules MUST be run with a DM or not?

Sorry to toss all these questions at you, but you seem well informed about the game. I'm wondering if, for example, I could put together an adventure in Sword Coast Legends, then upload it somewhere, and if 1-4 players on a different time zone could run thru that adventure without any DM? I'm thinking that this would be a definite "yes", but I'm not sure.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Very interesting. A little sad at no free form map making as that is a personal favorite of mine. However tile sets and RNG through parameters sounds just fine.

Remove ads