• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sword Coast Legends is not D&D

JNC

First Post
I'm not sure how OFF-TOPIC this is but here goes.

Glad to see there are many frustrated gamers. I pretty muched stopped buying games b/c there aren't very many that offer anything more than an avenue to waste time.

The only games that really appeal to me are mindless replayable indie games like Nuclear Throne, The Binding of Isaac, or Crypt of the Necrodancer. After the learning curve, games like that are super fun.

I hope Fallout 4 doesn't suck as bad as I think it is. Just walking around shooting gets old fast, no amount of mods can fix a shooter with a bad story-IMO-Not knocking anyone else's enjoyment. Can't wait for the next Obsidian Fallout. Obsidian does a much better job with story and DLC.

Who's to say multiplayer can't be enjoyed as a long-term turn-based experience? With internet and saves, it would be easier than hunting down players IRL. X-com's popularity shows these games can be successful.

If Sony or Microsoft were serious about winning the console war, games like Warmachine/Hordes, Malifaux, D&D/Pathfinder or games like those would be developed by in-house studio for digital only exclusives.
There's no good reason boardgames shouldn't be represented digitally- as popular as they are.

Last edited:

Mergon

First Post
No sorcerer, no sell...

The wizard in Sword Coast Legends is much more like a sorcerer than being anyway near like a wizard. No spell book, no ability to change your spells, etc.

I pre-ordered the cheapest version of the game but I doubt I'll buy any of the DLC unless some major changes are made; especially to the wizard class.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
The wizard in Sword Coast Legends is much more like a sorcerer than being anyway near like a wizard. No spell book, no ability to change your spells, etc.

I pre-ordered the cheapest version of the game but I doubt I'll buy any of the DLC unless some major changes are made; especially to the wizard class.

But still a wizard, wizards are a big no no for me, thank you but I pass....

Remove ads