• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sword of truth

trimeulose

First Post
I debated a while on where to put this for a while, because I think the question could fit in almost any forum.

Is there a Sword of truth RPG

Are there any rules for Sword of Truth magic?

What would be some of your idea for the magic system in terms of 3e?
Illusion, evocation, enchantment, Conjurer should probably be additive magic and Necromancy should probably be Subtractive, but what Abjurer and Transmuter. I'm thinking that transmutations require subtractive magic to be fully effective, but are actually both sides of the grace.

Also there's the whole idea of gifted wizards of subtractive magic, can pretty much ignore spells of additive magic.

Throw in the fact that Gifted Rahl's are more powerful in magic, and ungifted Rahl's are directly immune to magic.

What else is there? Lets see, Wizards are the actual healers so Divine and Arcane magic is almost the same thing.

The thing about bodily auras from temple of the winds, the seers by the stones, and the difference between sorcerer and sorceress.

Almost forgot about sorcerers sand (both black and white).

Ohh and how are wizards ranked (zedd being 1st wizard and all)

Then the rules for being a seeker of truth, or a confessor, or one of the many other races.

So Any ideas, I thought I had a few, but I overwhelmed myself with details.

Now I think I'm gonna have to go read the series again.

Crothian

First Post
No, there is no RPG books covering these.

I think it would be hard as the magics used in the book are not very well defined.

Crothian

First Post
Well defined? They don't really talk about the limits or the power. Magic is not a focal point of the books. Most fantasy magic is poorly defined becasue magica is supposed to be all mysterrious and difficult to understand. However, in an RPG you have to get rid of that mystery and define everything about it so it can work in game.

trimeulose

First Post
Well lemme put it to ya this way, I can almost grasp the concept of magic when I read SoT. I'm not saying its perfect or shows how to manipulate things, but as you said its not the focal point. My point is that you can see it, in someplaces feel it, in others almost touch it, and sometimes come pretty close to grasping it.

Thus I would like to role play it. And since I dont have the benefit of playing with 1e rules (or lack thereof), I and my friends would have a hell of a time wingin it

Remove ads