• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SWRPG] what's up with some of the generic NPCs?

bwgwl

First Post
i was taking a look at some of the generic NPCs in the RCR the other day, and i noticed some that weren't "legit" by the rules.

grrr!!! :mad:

the one that caught my eye first was the generic bounty hunter.

the prereqs for the bounty hunter prestige class include BAB +6 and 5 ranks of Intimidate.

the generic bounty hunter makes the prestige class after Scout 4 / Scoundrel 2. that only gives the character a BAB of +4 before entry! also, Intimidate is not a class skill of either class, so at most, the character can only have 4.5 ranks in it!

whassup with that?

JazzEwok

First Post
now that you mention it

I know this will be unpopular with SWRPG fans, but I have come to be quite disappointed in the RCR for its many errors. It does have good rules, and all things considered, it is a good book and a good buy.

Still, I have noticed multiple errors in it -- many in the stat blocks. There are so many that a full list would run for several pages. Some of them were in the original version and still have not been corrected, such as, to cite a random example, the incongruity between the # of guns some starships are supposed to have, and the # of guns listed in the breakdown. Other irregularities, such as those which seem to be created by the droid PC rules, are new to the book.

Although it is obviously a very good book, it has more inconsequential errors (meaning they do not involve big problems of interpretation) than any of the RPG books I have read in the last 20 years or so.

bwgwl

First Post
i know what you mean.

it's the "illegal" stat blocks that really burn me up, though. i mean, come on, did the person who wrote them up not even read the rules? :(

they're so bad, i've decided to just make up my own stat blocks for everything. well, for that reason, and because i want more variety than just 4th, 8th, and 12th level NPCs. :rolleyes:

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The great thing about the old SWRPG, is characters couldn't really break the rules.

Made judging the relative strength of a character a pain, but easy to make NPCs for.

Remove ads