• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E T1: The Village of Hommlet (IC)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Perhaps THIS will stir Terjon from his hiding place, Samara thought grimly. She rose from her chair and followed after the dwarf; if there is need of a healer, one cannot do better than Saint Cuthbert's chosen.

Rubberneck

First Post
Dur'dan follows the town drunk,

"Aye take me there."

As part of the militia it falls on him to sort of police the village. Even though he's not on duty, he could still be of help.

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel glanced around irritably, but at least folks were distracted by the sudden sob story from the sot over there.

She gestured at the other chair at her table.

"Could be. Have a seat and we'll talk about it."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=6777649]Nergal Pendragon[/MENTION], we're going to have your character fade in to the background for now as you have not posted in a couple of weeks. Feel free to return at any time and we'll work your character back in.
[MENTION=6776492]Anthony Terry[/MENTION], are you still with us?

Inside the Tavern...

With most of the patrons and the barkeep himself spilling outside to see what the commotion is about, Meadowlark notices the proprietor's young children peeking in to the common room from the stairs behind the bar. They are whispering furiously at each other, with the older girl trying to intimidate the younger boy. Meadowlark can't quite make out what they are saying, however.

Kestrel, meanwhile, finds herself at a table with the skinny foreigner and his brute of a companion. The skinny monk introduces himself, "I am Turuko and this is my bodyguard, Kobort." He lowers his voice so as not to be heard by the few people left in the bar, "I was told to expect a visitor from the Quiet Tabernacle. I assume you are that visitor. My own mission must not be interrupted, but the Tabernacle is...intrigued by the rumors that the forces of elemental evil are resurgent. You are to investigate these rumors and report back to me."

Outside the Tavern

Elmo leads the gaggle of people, including Ostler Gundigoot, the inn's proprietor, to the stables, where Percy lies bleeding from a wound in his gut. Those with proficiency in Medicine can tell upon seeing him that he is already dead.

Thadeous and Taranis (Passive Perception 15 or higher) notice Filliken cowering in one of stalls at the far end of the stable, holding a bloody dagger.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Meadowlark notices the children, and the corner of her mouth rises in a half-smile. "I see you," she says. She never makes it back to her seat. Instead, she walks over to the common room door, and squats down so she is eye level with the children. "Now what do you know about all that is happening?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Thain Thunderthump

Thain rushes to the prone man, a gasp escaping from the dwarf's lips upon realizing Percy is already dead. Gently Thain closes the dead eyes, humming a quiet hymn to the dwarven ancestors and asking them to look after the spirit of the late Percy, and tries to clean some of the blood on the corpse's clothes.

"We are too late. This man is dead," the dwarf announces gravely to the onlookers. "Is there a priest of his own faith to take care of the funeral ceremonies?" Thain is willing to do the honors himself, but he does not want to create unneccessary religious tension.

sithramir

First Post
Taranis sighs, "It appears we are too late for the show. Nothing more can I do here"

He will await the town guard to ensure Fliken is aprehended.

Afterwards he walks back to the bar so that he can continue to listen and learn what is going on in the town unless something more interesting happens while waiting for the guard.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Samara breathes deeply, a look of discomfort on her face. Though she has studied much of injuries and their treatment, she has only rarely seen a fresh corpse. Still, it seems as though St. Cuthbert has chosen her to mete out some justice for this murdered soul, and so...

Samara kneels down to the corpse, inspecting its wounds. As she does so, she says "Someone should retain the drunk for questioning, though I question what good it might do."

Investigate (to examine details of the wound): 1d20+4=20
Medicine (to determine any other possible injuries): 1d20+5=17

At Thadeous' cry, Samara sharply turns her head...

Perception (to see the hidden PERSON): 1d20+4=16

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: The children are inside with Meadowloark. The hiding person is Filliken, Percy's older brother, with whom he was quarreling just a few minutes ago in the bar.

Remove ads