• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

T20: High Law and Low Justice, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maerdwyn

First Post
ooc: There are crawlspaces. While no one here knows their specifics, you could find them on the ships schematics easily, and access them from the upper deck, and crawl down to the ceiling of the bathing chamber. Edit: Feel free to just incorporate this knowledge into any plan involving the crawlspaces as if you made any required skill checks.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Five minutes later, Tomas is moving through crawlspaces between decks, carrying an oxygen mask and tank, one of the few that remains available. A couple minutes after that, he finds the access panel into the stateroom's bathing chamber, and finds himself looking down into the room. With the magnetic boots on his vac suit, going down into the chamber and getting back up again will not be a problem.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"So Baby first then?" he says as much to himself as to any others listening "Trel get what we need and as soon as she's out get her back to the Doctor. I'm sure theres room enough for one baby amongst the masses."

Making sure that everything is ready Tomas takes a instinctive deep breath and then makes his way into the stateroom...

(ooc is anybody out there? - in space no one can you scream AAAAAAAGH!:eek:)

doghead

thotd
Trelelawiero

Trel pauses for a moment.

ooc: Been wondering about how to handle this. The child should be able to survive with a mask, so the easiest thing would be to just wash her down with an alcohol solution to remove any mold (we don't want to recontaminate the ship, so washing down the crawlway and room we are in now would be necessary as well I think), then get her to the medbay. Then we need to get alot of alcohol into the water. Trel would probably be better off helping with the heavy lifting and carrying of the latter job. Who else is in the room? Does anyone see a better way?

Maerdwyn

First Post
Without reply from the others, Trel starts collecting alcohol. The autogalley can produce a synthetic draught that most spacers have learned to enjoy, affectionatel known as "grog" but the bottled spirits the stward will have stored in the main galley, on the upper deck, would have a higher alcohol content. When he arrives up there, however, there are only a dozen or so bottles - not enough to suffciently raise the concentration of alcohol in the bathing chamber. He to sufficiently alter all the water in that room, he'll need to find a way to transport grog across the hall and into the room.

Tomas plunges into the dark, lightly murky water. The beam from the halogen lamp on the vac suit's helmet darts from body to body as Tomas scans around for the baby.

The effect of the cool, pale light on the lurianis' blue skin and green algae-like globules is striking, and one he hopes to forget sometime soon. When the light finally falls upon the baby, she startles, and awakens. For a short moment, she simply looks straight intothe light, her eyes adjusting to the brightness. Then, apparently making out the vac suited man approaching her, begins to wail, and thrash her limbs about.

DrZombie

First Post
ruzz'kof runs to the med-bay, adn gets a towel drenched in medical alcohol., and another clean one, for warmth.

Poor little pup, he'll need some warmth. Maybe some warm milk?

Off he goes again, this time to the kitchen, to see if there's some milk (or milk-powder) available.

doghead

thotd
Trelelawiero, Aslan male mercenary.

Trel swears freely and profusely. A thought strikes him.

Might as well save the good stuff then, and just use grog. Right. Some hose. Engineering?

He gets on the conn and asks. "We need to pipe 'grog' from the autogallery to the pool. Which would seem to call for some hose. Any ideas where that soort thing is best found?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
"We could use the fire hose from engineering, right?" Vyrkris puts in, over the comm. "I'll bring it up."

When she arrives a couple minutes later, she's dragging a very heavy, coiled thirty meter fire hose: nozzle on one end, and a large coupler on the other. She deposits the hose at Trel's feet, then pulls a tube of sillicone caulking from her belt. "Couldn't think of any other way to hook it up tot he autogalley and build up the pressure we'll need. If they've had a fire before, on board, it will probably still have some chemical residue in it, not enough to do anyone much harm. My brothers sprayed each other with that stuff all the time back home at the garage when we were growing up."

A couple minutes later, she walks over to where Trelene stands, in the passenger lounge, near the autogalley. She shakes her head a little, saying bitterly, directly to Trelene, instead of over the comm, though other hear it faintly over Saanath's suit's microphone. "I left Daramm to get away from that garage, you know. Fire hoses and broken down engines, and all. And to get away from a bunch of luriani who didn't think we were worth the air we breathed. Well this feels just like home. Except I don't get my brothers. We don't even get the air."

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
"Grog.. From a hose. I've dreamed about this. Plenty of times. But where are all the drunk females? And why are we using this on the luriani? Bet they'll be surprised at getting saved by a Vargr.... Ooh yes, and some humans."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Finally recovered from the startling neon horror, and wondering what to do with a squaking child Tomas moves forward being careful not to disturb the sedated adults as much as possible. Getting to the child he reaches out and pulls the baby close in towards him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads