Tabletop Session: a beer that has an RPG game right on its lable!

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Found this funny gem while on my news feed;

That's right; it's a four-pack of beer, each beer having it's own character ready to play a session of an RPG, complete with stats and abilities.

Tabletop Session: Search for the Elder Draft is a Dungeons and Dragons-styled adventure campaign that runs about two hours, has simplified rules, and needs only a d20 to play. Modist Brewing has designed a brew for our Elder Draft adventure and the four-pack of cans is also your team of four adventurers!

Their site comes complete with a full adventure, the characters and their sheets, and even a link to a Spotify playlist. Seems like it could be a fun idea!

atanakar

Hero
I once had a player who drank 6 beers in 30 minutes and became very aggressive. He almost came to physical blows with another player. I considered calling the police but his friend managed to talk him down and they left. Never saw him again...

As a DM a never drink to keep my mind sharp.

Last edited:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I once had a player who drank 6 beers in 30 minutes and became very aggressive. He almost came to physical blows with another player. I considered to call the police but his friend managed to talk him down and they left. never saw him again...

Huh. I'm the opposite, I don't drink until I'm wasted or anything, but I'll have a drink or two when DMing. Helps me loosen up, be more willing to do "yes and" and think on the fly.

Nebulous

Legend
I once had a player who drank 6 beers in 30 minutes and became very aggressive. He almost came to physical blows with another player. I considered to call the police but his friend managed to talk him down and they left. never saw him again...

Had a player drink 5 beers during a session and it made him do less than wise decisions for his character that damn near killed him. He hasn't drank that much since then, just a couple.

I used to start off the session with a tall cocktail of some sort. But these days, yeah, I don't drink when I DM. Maybe a wee dram in the last hour if my throat is getting tired, but mostly it's just tea and sparkling water for me while I'm running a game.

Nytmare

David Jose
I myself am straightedge, and though I don't have a problem with others drinking, I find that any game night where alcohol is involved usually gets painfully stupid and no fun for the non drinkers about an hour or so in.

Games transform into a slog of just watching the clock, waiting on other people to make bad decisions.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Our games tend to flow on a gentle river of beer and similar delights. Wouldn't have it any other way. :)

And that players have their PCs do stupid things after a few beer is a feature, not a bug!

Remove ads