• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tabletop Session: a beer that has an RPG game right on its lable!

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Found this funny gem while on my news feed;

That's right; it's a four-pack of beer, each beer having it's own character ready to play a session of an RPG, complete with stats and abilities.

Tabletop Session: Search for the Elder Draft is a Dungeons and Dragons-styled adventure campaign that runs about two hours, has simplified rules, and needs only a d20 to play. Modist Brewing has designed a brew for our Elder Draft adventure and the four-pack of cans is also your team of four adventurers!

Their site comes complete with a full adventure, the characters and their sheets, and even a link to a Spotify playlist. Seems like it could be a fun idea!

atanakar

Hero
I once had a player who drank 6 beers in 30 minutes and became very aggressive. He almost came to physical blows with another player. I considered calling the police but his friend managed to talk him down and they left. Never saw him again...

As a DM a never drink to keep my mind sharp.

Last edited:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I once had a player who drank 6 beers in 30 minutes and became very aggressive. He almost came to physical blows with another player. I considered to call the police but his friend managed to talk him down and they left. never saw him again...

Huh. I'm the opposite, I don't drink until I'm wasted or anything, but I'll have a drink or two when DMing. Helps me loosen up, be more willing to do "yes and" and think on the fly.

Nebulous

Legend
I once had a player who drank 6 beers in 30 minutes and became very aggressive. He almost came to physical blows with another player. I considered to call the police but his friend managed to talk him down and they left. never saw him again...

Had a player drink 5 beers during a session and it made him do less than wise decisions for his character that damn near killed him. He hasn't drank that much since then, just a couple.

I used to start off the session with a tall cocktail of some sort. But these days, yeah, I don't drink when I DM. Maybe a wee dram in the last hour if my throat is getting tired, but mostly it's just tea and sparkling water for me while I'm running a game.

Nytmare

David Jose
I myself am straightedge, and though I don't have a problem with others drinking, I find that any game night where alcohol is involved usually gets painfully stupid and no fun for the non drinkers about an hour or so in.

Games transform into a slog of just watching the clock, waiting on other people to make bad decisions.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Our games tend to flow on a gentle river of beer and similar delights. Wouldn't have it any other way. :)

And that players have their PCs do stupid things after a few beer is a feature, not a bug!

Remove ads