Take A Look Inside The TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL Board Game!

Wanna see some photos of what's in the Temple of Elemental Evil board game, slated for an April 30th release for $64.99? WizKids was at the Toy Fair in New York this weekend, and various attendees managed to snag photographs. The board game "features multiple scenarios, challenging quests and cooperative game play designed for 1-5 players. The contents can also be combined with other D&D Adventure System Cooperative play board games, including The Legend of Drizzt and Castle Ravenloft."

Wanna see some photos of what's in the Temple of Elemental Evil board game, slated for an April 30th release for $64.99? WizKids was at the Toy Fair in New York this weekend, and various attendees managed to snag photographs. The board game "features multiple scenarios, challenging quests and cooperative game play designed for 1-5 players. The contents can also be combined with other D&D Adventure System Cooperative play board games, including The Legend of Drizzt and Castle Ravenloft."

B92vcE9IMAImWif.jpg

DSCN70743.JPG

DSCN70734.JPG

Photos courtesy of figures.com and others.

smiteworks

Explorer
I should probably play it some more. I have all of them, but I've probably only played it 5-6 times (across all three sets.) We played two of the Strahd scenarios, the Dracolich, one where the tunnels were collapsing and probably once or twice more that I can't really remember. Do you have any favorite scenarios that you find yourself wanting to replay more than others?

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
We combined Ravenloft and Ashardalon and then do the Ashardalon scenario where you only find out what the actual objective is when you're halfway through the game. Haven't picked up Drizzle.

Kurzon

First Post
I can't recall where the quote came from, but I remember reading that they were going to continue using the same rules since those worked well for a board game environment and as Dimitri states, would keep it compatible.

Has anyone actually mix-and-matched the tiles and monsters before for their games or just swapped heroes over? If so, how did it run?

Ashardalon and Ravenloft work perfectly together. Monsters, tiles, treasures, heroes, etc. Some people just shuffle the cards from both games together, but I think it works better if you decide on a theme for the monster deck, add in monsters that match, and only make the deck about the same size as the original decks. Otherwise you're likely to get less multiples of the same monsters showing up, which makes the game easier (as all monsters of the same type activate at the same time, which means more often).

With the other decks it doesn't matter so much. You might just want to pull out any Ravenloft- or Ashardalon-specific encounter and treasure cards, depending on what world you're playing in.

Legend of Drizzt is a better play experience by itself, but it doesn't mix as well with the other games because the heroes are more powerful and instead of dungeon tiles you have cavern tiles, which is actually written on the back. Everything else combines well.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I am glad they kept this system for the board games. It works well in that environment.

I have played through several of these - especially the Raveloft one. Mainly with kids and they loved it.

Have used PCs (randomly) from Drizz't and Ravenloft together. As we played scenarios, we did not mix other cards.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads