Pathfinder 2E Taking20 -"I'm Quitting Pathfinder 2e Because of This Issue"

Zardnaar

Legend
I mean, it's not actually a "sample size" because samples are controlled. You're just talking about anecdotes. Having more of them doesn't magically convert them to data.

Based on what measurement again?

It's not an unreasonable expectation of a new edition to displace the old on after 1.5 years.

First month maybe not.

You can try and spin that but yeah iirc it wasn't even close.

It's not an unreasonable expectation of a new edition to displace the old on after 1.5 years.

First month maybe not.

You can try and spin that but yeah iirc it wasn't even close.

The problem is that you don't actually have proof of that, you're just asserting it. You can try and spin that however you like, but there's just nothing out there to really prove it.

ScYork

Explorer
Cody seems disgruntled with his job, maybe some time away might give a needed break. His arguments are what could be said for any RPG. He needs to be more creative as a GM to steer players away from doing the same actions all the time ie create scenes where players cannot possibly do the same actions everytime. Maybe Cody needs to watch how other GMs mix things up in game play...or Maybe Cody needs to play more and GM less because he seems to be in a rut and not liking his job. Don't blame the system not fair to Paizo!

Last edited:

Numbers on online gaming table.

More people online play PF1E.

Can't really argue with that yes?

I mean, if you are talking about the ORR Group numbers from Roll20, then you are trying to omit something important: that PF1E's numbers have been falling since 2E came out, while 2E's numbers continue to climb. Trendwise, it goes against what you are saying, which is why I'm guessing you just didn't link to it.

Zardnaar

Legend
I mean, if you are talking about the ORR Group numbers from Roll20, then you are trying to omit something important: that PF1E's numbers have been falling since 2E came out, while 2E's numbers continue to climb. Trendwise, it goes against what you are saying, which is why I'm guessing you just didn't link to it.

Shrugs no big deal that's some data. It's a very slow uptake though as PF2 came out a while ago.

You would expect that to happen. PF2 will keep selling something, out of print games players drift off.

All of that is predictable and expected.

The speed that happens is the real effect. One would expect more online play as well considering Covid.

Shrugs no big deal that's some data. It's a very slow uptake though as PF2 came out a while ago.

Based on what? What metric? You're just moving goalposts now.

You would expect that to happen. PF2 will keep selling something, out of print games players drift off.

All of that is predictable and expected.

I mean, PF2 is gaining more people than PF1 is losing a month, which tells me that they are getting new players in general not just getting old converts.

The speed that happens is the real effect. One would expect more online play as well considering Covid.

Yeah, but given that these numbers are given in a proportion of games being played, COVID shouldn't really boost any of these numbers. Even still it's rather steadily climbing as PF1 drops.

Remove ads