Talon of the Silver Hawk...

Sulimo

First Post
Today I spotted book 1 of Ray Feist's new series (The Conclave of Shadows) in one of the local chain stores.

Didnt pick it up though (I'll wait for the PB version). Did pickup the PB of Honoured Enemy though.

Last edited:

Do what I do: Check out the hardcover from the library. If it's good, THEN buy the paperback when it comes out.

Luckily, our library has a lending agreement with the surrounding counties. (Of course, big cities don't need them, since they have collections big enough. I'm from a suburb of a suburb of San Francisco.)

Sulimo

First Post
I generally do the same thing, with the exception being Terry Pratchett - I bought my first HC of his back when Sourcery came out (back in '88), and have ever since. Switching from HC to PB would just be too problematic.

Sulimo

First Post
Crothian said:
So, any news on what this book's about?

I have no idea...aside from an inferences a title like The Conclave might shed. Also, it had a substantial map of the eastern Kingdoms of Midkemia, so I'd assume its substantially set there.

EDIT: Digging around I found the following blurb...

"Among the Orosini tribe, the traditional manhood begins three days before the Midsummer's celebration. Alone, the child must survive the wilderness; exploring remote climes, contemplating the lore of his family and clan, his tribe and nation, and seeking the wisdom of his ancestors in a search to understand his place in the universe and discover his manhood name.

Kielianapuna – red squirrel – is struggling. For two days and two nights he has waited for the gods to grant him a vision, the key to their plan for him, but so far he remains cold, lonely and despairing, and on the brink of giving up. Returning to his village, nameless and still a child, he stumbles upon devastation. His village is being burned, his people slaughtered, but as he hurries to help his family Kieli is struck from above. Sharp claws pierce his shoulders as a rare silver hawk lands and takes flight just as swiftly. His vision or a warning. "

Last edited:

Remove ads