Tannhauser / Cyber-ish minis?

Filcher

First Post
I'm looking for pre-painted minis to use in a cyberpunk game. Actual minis created for any of the cyberpunk games are always just a little off (more well-endowed girls with guns than actual cool, dark future).

Anyhow, minis for the Tannhauser game look perfect. The setting seems just enough X-punk, that they could work on the table. But is there any place to buy the minis when I don't actually want the game?

Alternately, having checked out some of the expansion packs (priced at $10 - $20 each) buying the entire core box for the 10 minis makes economic sense.

But there must be a smart way to get good looking, dark future minis that I haven't thought of. Buy dirt cheap Star Wars minis and try my hand at disassembling them? Find another product line?

Thoughts, o' hive mind of ENworld?

Olli

First Post
I have not looked at them in years, but i think, you could easily assemble your very own cyberpunk-minis with a few GW 40K and Necromunda Sprues. But you have to assemble and paint them yourself.

Filcher

First Post
I have not looked at them in years, but i think, you could easily assemble your very own cyberpunk-minis with a few GW 40K and Necromunda Sprues. But you have to assemble and paint them yourself.

Thank you ... I was starting to head in that direction.

Is it possible to buy 40k minis in singles? Is there a second hand market for these someplace.

(I'll do some searching. Google, don't fail me now!)

If you are looking for prepainted cyberpunk miniatures, some from Heroclix or Horrorclix may be useful. Perhaps gangsters, guards and agents, if not supers and monsters. I think the bases are too large, but it's easy enough to remove them and stick the minis on standard miniature bases.

For unpainted near future cyberpunkish miniatures, I like Chronoscope from Reaper and Future Wars from Copplestone Castings.

Last edited:

krate

Explorer
Hmm. I can't think of any pre-painted minis line that will give you what you need. Someone already mentioned heroclix and such. At-43 was a pre-painted minis game, not sure how many are "cyberpunk". You usually can find them on ebay.

Now, if you go with unpainted minis then the possibilities open up. Reaper has their Chronoscope line of minis. Some cool stuff there and they are pretty good price wise. 40K minis can be found on ebay and such but not sure how cheaply you can get them.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Thanks for all the help, guys. This has me started in the right direction.

Cool. Bookmark the thread and let us know how it goes. A friend of mine has some minis from that Future Wars line. I'll see if I can dig up some pics and maybe if you get some and need some painting ideas they will be of some help.

I believe the Future Wars miniatures are resculpts of the old Grenadier Kill Zone miniatures. The original Kill Zone miniatures are still available. There are even some pre-painted plastic mercs, gangers and soldiers.

Are there Rogue Trader minis?

Not for Rogue Trader specifically, but you can use Inquisitors and retinues, as well as Necromunda gangers. There are a couple of space pirates from Hasslefree Miniatures that would make great Rogue Traders, and their aliens could be used as Xenos. Their Grynn would make good Squats. Their adventures and zombie survivors could be useful in a cyberpunk game.

The SIS officers from Stauesque miniatures would be good for Blade Runner. Take at look at Mercs or Infinity if you want military miniatures with more Ghost in the Shell tech and less Warhammer 40,000 bulk.

Remove ads