D&D 5E Tarras: A Homebrewed Campaign Setting

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Re negative ability modifiers for races. We too have always done this...and we still do in 5E.

Here is a link to our main Race Page, just in case you are interested to see how someone else has dealt with 'negative features'. Most refer you to the Flaws Page. We have a whole subsystem based upon drawbacks etc.

Link to Race Page: http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/d-d-races

Link to Flaws Page: http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/d-d-flaws

Cheers, and good luck with conversions to 5E. :)
Very cool. You don't mind if I steal from this, do you?

Specifically, your Canisaran's Howl ability might be perfect for my gnolls for World of Kulan, which I'm also doing racial conversions for. It might help with my Lupin conversion too.

Last edited:

Sadrik

First Post
I think that 100 to 1 is too high for me. I'm likely to consider 10 to 1 or 20 to 1. At the highest, I'd go 50 to 1.
50 commoners to every lord. That is still very egalitarian and "fair". Who keeps the land barons, from making everyone destitute? Are there equality laws in the city? Who holds the keys to the judiciary? Is it corrupt? How do the various religions in the city vie for worshipers? Is it a high tax city with lots of services for its citizenry or is it a low tax city and let the people fend for themselves? What about immigration? are they trying to grow or are they overburdened and trying to grow less? All interesting questions in an egalitarian 1 have to every 50 have nots city.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
'Steal' away [MENTION=2012]Knightfall[/MENTION]. :) Of course, most of my ideas have come from somewhere/someone in the first place, so, you know, it is hardly stealing when I have already 'borrowed'. ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
'Steal' away [MENTION=2012]Knightfall[/MENTION]. :) Of course, most of my ideas have come from somewhere/someone in the first place, so, you know, it is hardly stealing when I have already 'borrowed'. ;)
Yes, I noticed that as I looked through it more. Your rakasta may end up being very helpful for Kulan.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
50 commoners to every lord. That is still very egalitarian and "fair". Who keeps the land barons, from making everyone destitute? Are there equality laws in the city? Who holds the keys to the judiciary? Is it corrupt? How do the various religions in the city vie for worshipers? Is it a high tax city with lots of services for its citizenry or is it a low tax city and let the people fend for themselves? What about immigration? are they trying to grow or are they overburdened and trying to grow less? All interesting questions in an egalitarian 1 have to every 50 have nots city.
The truth is, I'm not there yet. I haven't begun to think much about how Tantus 'works' on a day to day basis. For now, there are haves and have nots.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
MAGIC: THE GATHERING RACES
Kor [PSZ]
Description still to be written.

Patron Deity: TBD

Loxodon [GGR]

Patron Deity: TBD

Vedalken [GGR]

Patron Deity: Tinia.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Re-reading [MENTION=14506]Sadrik[/MENTION]'s posts has me thinking about Tantus more. I'm fairly certain I don't want to go as high as 1,000 to 1, but it's probably not a good idea to go for 50 to 1 either. Perhaps 500 to 1 might be more what I'm thinking for the city. I want there to be a lot of 'have nots' but I don't want it to be too high. Maybe 250 to 1? I'm certain that 100 to 1 is also too low for what I want Tantus to be.

Tantus is, for many, the cultural center of the world, and some would say, it's what is wrong with Tarras at its core. (It's also a massive city; well beyond a standard medieval city.) Not all evil flows from Tantus, but it has more than its fair share. The 'haves' are a big reason for this and there are a lot of them. More than is usual, or even realized. There are powerful people that are publicly known and feared/respected but there are many shadow powers (not all evil) that guide the city in unseen ways.

250 to 1 might be best. Thoughts?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
AMPHIBIAFOLK
Bullywug

Racial Traits: Racial Handbook (p. 8)

Patron Deity: Leinth.

"Yum." <Rib-bit.> "Yum." - A bullywug comes across a lost human merchant in the swamp​

Grippli

Racial Traits: Racial Handbook (p. 3).

Patron Deity: Pan and Uni.

Kuo-Toa

Racial Traits: Racial Handbook (p. 12).

Patron Deity: Queen of Air and Darkness.

Last edited:

Remove ads