D&D 5E Tarras: A Homebrewed Campaign Setting

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Added more gods/goddesses to the list of deities; added a description for halflings; and went through and added patron deities for most of the races. Note that there are no other deities besides the ones in the list. So, no extra pantheons for the demihumans or monstrous races.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
[MENTION=19265]Connorsrpg[/MENTION], just letting you know I'm updating this again.

Cheers. I will have to look back through thread, as I had forgotten. Form mem, you are putting together your world and writing up a lot of races, yeah? And using/adapting some of mine? Cheers.

BTW. Ever tht of adapting races from places like Star Wars? I do that for my D&D games, especially the aquatic races. Star Wars aquatics are much cooler than the D&D water races IMHO ;) and I use them in my settings ;)

(I have done Aqualish & Nautolans for 5E for this very purpose ;)).

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
HAd a read back through whole of thread.

I noticed that you have an Avian entry incomplete. I have a Birdfolk entry with 6 subraces you might be interested in.

Also Aasimar, Warforged etc.

http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/d-d-races

I see you are doing away with negative mods. I can't do that. Our group love the drawbacks and think they define a race as much as their abilities.

Anyhow, to use any of our races, it is pretty easy to go back to normal 5E. Pretty much ignore the drawbacks (except those essential to race; eg light sensitivity and drow), AND remove 1-2 proficiencies (often a little extra compensation we gave them for the drawbacks ;)).

I am interested to visit our races page and add to it again. Any suggestions on races you'd like to see and I will do them. I try to be very thorough when doing these by consulting every editions version of the race ;)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Cheers. I will have to look back through thread, as I had forgotten. Form mem, you are putting together your world and writing up a lot of races, yeah? And using/adapting some of mine? Cheers.
Yep, when I create a new world, I try to write up an original race description for that world. And your site has been very helpful when it comes to racial traits.

BTW. Ever tht of adapting races from places like Star Wars? I do that for my D&D games, especially the aquatic races. Star Wars aquatics are much cooler than the D&D water races IMHO ;) and I use them in my settings ;)

(I have done Aqualish & Nautolans for 5E for this very purpose ;)).
I haven't really thought of aquatic races too much for Tarras. Since much of the world will be water, I will get around to it. I might go for converting the Mystara aquatic races for this world, especially the Kna. I like that race.

And, no, I haven't considered using any of the Star Wars races for this world.

HAd a read back through whole of thread.

I noticed that you have an Avian entry incomplete. I have a Birdfolk entry with 6 subraces you might be interested in.
Yeah, there are a lot of things I haven't gotten back to yet. Right now, I'm going through an writing descriptions for the races that already have traits finished. I just finished writing the description for the gnoll entry.

Also Aasimar, Warforged etc.

D&D Races - Connors Campaigns
I'll probably take a look at what you did for each race and use it for inspiration, as usual. :)

I see you are doing away with negative mods. I can't do that. Our group love the drawbacks and think they define a race as much as their abilities.

Anyhow, to use any of our races, it is pretty easy to go back to normal 5E. Pretty much ignore the drawbacks (except those essential to race; eg light sensitivity and drow), AND remove 1-2 proficiencies (often a little extra compensation we gave them for the drawbacks ;)).
I am doing that for Tarras, yes. I want the world to be as close to the official rules as possible. However, I'm doing something different for my 5E race conversions thread for World of Kulan. Of course, Kulan will always be a 3E world first, so what I'm creating on that thread is more of a game design experiment. You can see the bulk of my 3E race designs for Kulan's Lands of Harqual, here. That thread is quite intense, and much of it has been worked on and then revised/edited.

The 5E designs for Kulan will always have negative ability modifiers, and if I ran a 5E game on Kulan, the players would have to agree to the negative modifiers.

I am interested to visit our races page and add to it again. Any suggestions on races you'd like to see and I will do them. I try to be very thorough when doing these by consulting every editions version of the race ;)
Hmm, let me think about that. I'm a little less thorough. I real mainly on 3E as my guide (unless there is something semi-official for 5E.).

Last edited:

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Yeah, we are big on negative features too. Obviously we tied ours in to our whole Flaws/Drawbacks feature. This often involves a choice of penalty to ability scores too. Not always... as some races just have 1 obvious negative area, but that lack of choice has been balanced out with more/better positive features usually ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Race, Class, and Deity lists updated with new options from both Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Volo's Guide to Monsters.

Remove ads